corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test drive?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Test drive?
thegsi

User status: Offline
6th Nov 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone been on a dealer test drive? I have one on a Sunday. I presume a employee comes out with you?
dan_m1les

6th Nov 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we used to have to both at Honda and Vauxhall, unless they specifically asked to go alone, this happened once in 2 years.
thegsi

6th Nov 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_m1les
Yeah we used to have to both at Honda and Vauxhall, unless they specifically asked to go alone, this happened once in 2 years.

Ah I see. Do they have an issue with you going out alone? I guess it's down to dealer discrepancy?
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been out on 2 recently with ford and nissan.

the nissan bloke wanted us to boot the car and test it out properly in a 30mph limit didn't even check to see if we had driving licenses.

the ford guy made my missus go onto a 50mph road and sit at 50mph we also had to sign our life away before even getting near the car.

in summary, yes they'll sit next to you but some are nobs and some are normal blokes like us.

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by Ben G]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
been out on 2 recently with ford and nissan.

the nissan bloke wanted us to boot the car and test it out properly in a 30mph limit didn't even check to see if we had driving licenses.

the ford guy made my missus go onto a 50mph road and sit at 50mph we also had to sign our life away before even getting near the car.

in summary, yes they'll sit next to you but some are nobs and some are normal blokes like us.

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by Ben G]

Made.... Unless its dual control i would be doing what i liked as long as it was safe to do so.
thegsi

6th Nov 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doh! My naivety got the better of me and I thought they'd let me and Sean loose for an hour on our own
dan_m1les

6th Nov 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to let people boot the cars if it was safe to do so etc and the car was warm.

I once had a fireman and his wife who was a met police woman give a corsa VXR the beans down the motorway, they bought it.
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I used to do them we were meant to stick to a certain route but if people seemed genuinely keen I'd let them go further. I never had a problem with them opening them up a bit (weren't my cars so didnt gaf) as long as they werent smashing its head in.
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what u going to look at jay, if i may wask?
ed

6th Nov 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Citroen gave me a car for the afternoon last time I went on one. I guess I could have had it for a bit longer if I'd have asked as I think it was a courtesy car.
Twiggy

6th Nov 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few sales people out with me but also just been handed the keys and told to come back in a few hrs
Mase
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends entirely on the sales guy as mentioned previously. When I was looking a couple of years back, I wanted to take a Corsa VXR out and I had to book an appointment and take both parts of my licence as it was "such a high performance car"..... I rocked up for this appointment and that particular sales guy was busy so another sales guy took us out, didn't check my licence or anything, fuelled it up and actively encouraged me to kick it's head in!

Mase
craig8
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With buying the astra cdti the demo was out so test drove the salesmanship own one instead and he wasn't too bothered about it getting a kicking, with the vxr the salesman kept telling me to plant it and talking about the noise

E36 328
thegsi

6th Nov 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

GT86
Jambo

6th Nov 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on a fair few, some just want to get out the showroom, others are annoying.

Not had a "bad" experience tbh though
Jambo

6th Nov 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

GT86

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Nov 12 at 03:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last test drive for me was a Monaro and that got its legs stretched. I didn't really boot it as I don't boot my normal cars during the course of living with them. Suppose it depends whether it looks like you're using the drive to decide whether you like the car to live with long term or you're just taking it out to pretend you're Chris Harris on an Italian mountain.

Can't remember what other test drives I've had. None resulted in sales, my past couple of cars were bought unseen and the first drive was after the deals were done.
AK

7th Nov 12 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All out recent test drives have just been ourselves from memory :S

I can only remember once having a garage employee out in the car and that was years back down in Edinburgh.

Q7, RRS most recently - no issue going out alone and raping them.
Ben J

7th Nov 12 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I swap mine, if I go for anything other than an A4 i'll be asking for at least full days test drive. Can't really get a feel for a car in 30 mins.

Doesn't seem to be a prob as long as you don't want it there and then.

But then they are diesel family/exec cars so not something you are going to want to rag about.

[Edited on 07-11-2012 by Ben J]
Mertin

8th Nov 12 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only had salesmen come out with me if I was under 21
pow
Premium Member

8th Nov 12 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dad's a;ways had cars for the day whenever he's changed the company car.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Nov 12 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a salesman out both times I've bought from a dealer, but when testing the CTR - to be fair he encouraged me to rev it and give it beans on the back roads.

My Dad was shopping for 4x4's last year, and Land Rover, Audi and VW all let him have a car for the day to let him see if all his gear would fit, to see if it could fit in his garage and to see if it could handle the tracks he was going down. I was well impressed.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

8th Nov 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was handed the keys to a Yamaha R1 in a dealer about 2 months back, was only allowed around the very big forecourt, but it was dusty and slippy as fuck.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Nov 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on garage recent stuff always gone on own. Now just abuse the work fleet dept and get a demo for a week.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test drive? 24 database queries in 0.0179820 seconds