corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E30s?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E30s?
harrisp

User status: Offline
24th Nov 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is there to look out for? Been really tempted by a 325 cab on eBay and will be looking to spend 3-4k.
I'm guessing rust is the biggest issue?
Any reason why I shouldn't buy one?
kennySRi

24th Nov 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rust! I had an mtec cab a few years ago and LOVED it, was easily the coolest car i've owned. Would love to buy another sport, but a coupe this time but the prices are crazy. Find a clean one and as long as it's genuine it will only go up in value.
harrisp

24th Nov 12 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A genuine sport is a bit more than my budget I think, it's an mtec cab on eBay I've seen, I've always loved them.
Hopefully shouldn't be a step down from my e46.

[Edited on 24-11-2012 by harrisp]
kennySRi

24th Nov 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would look on ebay to see which one you mean but it'll get me hooked on them again

It will definetly be a step down if you enjoy driving an easy car with luxeries but for the fun factor an E30 is the best around. I had black leather in mine and it was real comfy and you sit pretty low, only thing that i would do is get an mtec wheel on if it hasnt already. Personally though at that price i'd be finding a genuine sport and preferably a coupe. If the guy lives near a jet wash ask him if you can test drive the car and give the roof a blast, more than likely it will leak.
Colin

24th Nov 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was rotten more so on sills and floor pan.
kennySRi

24th Nov 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the dark grey one with the slashed rear screen on ebay? Looks like my old one when i fitted alpinas. I also cracked my screen folding it down when it was too cold There seems to be a few for sale which are worth looking at. Have you gone on the e30zone forum? I'd rather buy from an enthusiast than some guy off ebay tbh.

Colin, mine had a hole underneath the rear the size of my head that i somehow missed when viewing it
harrisp

24th Nov 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a brand new transit for easy driving and the missus is getting something newer and more practical than her mr2 soon so it will just be a weekend toy really.

This is the one on eBay, might put my 330 up for sale soon. There isn't many on e30 zone at the moment but I can't really see me buying one this side of Xmas anyway.
BenC1985

24th Nov 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a genuine sport. There awesome,my bro just sold his. He didnt pay that much for it when he bought it,granted it needed some work like fuel tank and some small patchs of welding but it was serious fun to drive. And there retro cool and not too many about so it will be original.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Nov 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking of E30 325i Sports, i seen an immaculate white 1 yesterday, factory standard, driven by an old guy probably in his 60s.
palli17

24th Nov 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres my e30 had it for about 4 years brought it for 1000 inner rear arches were finished had all the exterior treated interior retrimmed navy blue with baby blue piping just got to get rid off the yellow lights fantastic car cant get enough! must say one off my favourite cars especially with the value off them now my adivce buy buy buy!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » E30s? 23 database queries in 0.0096011 seconds