corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Griffin iTrip - thoughts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Griffin iTrip - thoughts?
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jan 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an Alpine head unit in the car with an iPod/iPhone cable that charges and plays music etc. but the Spotify app doesn't play ball with my head unit - sometimes comes up with 'error-01' which seems to be well known and something Spotify aren't going to do anything about.

Because my head unit doesn't have an aux input (i.e. 3.5mm jack), I bought a cable on eBay that converts the connector on the Alpine cable to 3.5mm to plug into my iPhone - but it doesn't work

I also tried the USB interface and that doesn't work either, so the only thing left apart from getting a different phone or head unit is an FM transmitter like the Griffin iTrip.

It's only about £25 on Amazon, so I was thinking of maybe buying one to get around this Spotify problem. Are these FM transmitters any good do you think?

If iTunes offered a paid-for streaming service like my subscription with Spotify then I'd use that straight away as my Alpine plays music and display track info etc. with no problems whatsoever when I use the built-in Music app on my iPhone.
smcGSI16V

8th Jan 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, they are crap. I got one and yes it works but the sound quality is rubbish and I am constantly having to retune it as radio stations start bleeding through all the time.
jamied

8th Jan 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
Tbh, they are crap. I got one and yes it works but the sound quality is rubbish and I am constantly having to retune it as radio stations start bleeding through all the time.

I had a belkin one and same thing exactly
Andrew

8th Jan 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V

Same thing i had but was a cheap thing off eBay.

Because i'm currently doing around 30k a year i bought and fitted a Parrot MK9200. Works amazingly with cable and Bluetooth.

Had a Novero in the Ford i had which broke after about 6 months.
Gary
Premium Member

8th Jan 13 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs has one and it works fine. Sound Q is ok andnunless your driving all over it dnt need retuning
Jay

8th Jan 13 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one off eBay for £4, sounds exactly the same quality as a mate who's got a more expensive one

[Edited on 08-01-2013 by Jay]
AndyKent

9th Jan 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go some no-name one from a stand at goodwood.

Like the others it works, it plays music but the sound quality can be dodgy. Never had a problem with radion stations cutting in, but I still prefer to play a Cd than connect up the phone.

New Poll