corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust knocking and strut brace

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust knocking and strut brace
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
14th Jan 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my corsa my middle pipe knocks I think it is because the car has been lowered. Think it is knocking where the clamp that holds the cat to the middle pipe is. The nuts and thread on the clamps are pointing down. Also I have a omp strut brace but it won't fit on my car now I have a powerbox fitted. DOes anyone know which strut braces fit over the powerbox? Cheers
TheDane

User status: Offline
15th Jan 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure it's your middle pipe knocking, and not your connection to the rear exhaust, that's sitting/laying to close to the rear beam?

As that was my problem, as the middle-to-cat wasn't tighten enough, so made the whole rear part tilt down on the rear beam.

After that it went loose in the rear-to-middle connection, but got that tightened too, and now it almost never touches the rear beam.

Other then that you might want to change your rubber exhaust hangers if they are old and worn. New ones might hold the exhaust much firmer.

New Poll