corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa heater help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa heater help
penelope

User status: Offline
14th Jan 13 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa c van heater is pretty poor. Even on a long run it doesn't get hot. Just slightly warm. What could be wrong ? Also every time I get In I have to dry the condensation of the windscreen which is annoying then the heaters are to crap to heat it
TheDane

15th Jan 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the same problem on my Corsa B.

Temperature needle stays at needle stop during driving, and only get's up to 90+ when parked and idle.

Have read people have been succesfull in flushing out the heater matrix, or have changed the heater matrix as it has been faulty.

So maybe have a go at flushing out the heater matrix would be the cheapest way to start, at least that's what I will try.
penelope

16th Jan 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A new thermostat and a flush out sorted it. All toasty now
TheDane

16th Jan 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great to hear. Well happy for you Then I'll probably have to get hold of a new thermostat for when I intend to do my flushing in the weekend.

Did you check to see if the flushing were enough? Or did you just change the thermostat when you were fiddling in the bay?
penelope

17th Jan 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed the old one. Flushed it All out in both directions then fitted the new one. All is good

New Poll