corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advertising

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advertising
Andrew

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 13 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you know i have been looking at ways to prompt my company.

New website is going live in the next few weeks... However, i've recently seen people advertise with small banners on railings at popular stops (coming off the M62 etc). Is this legal or could i get a fine if i started doing this?

sc0ott

23rd Jan 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may require advertisement consent from the council to display your sign.
jrneedo

23rd Jan 13 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say it's illegal, just the local council don't like it one bit.
Used to do a bit of advertising for a few clubs in Sheffield s did loads of boards and banners but the council would take them down within days.

Maybe try local forums, I.e we have Sheffield forum or gnu tree.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get fined for it round here plus it looks cheap and tacky imo
Andrew

23rd Jan 13 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the council took them down, would you get a fine?
AndyKent

23rd Jan 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fly posting, you will be fined. Bigger the sign, bigger the fine
deano87

24th Jan 13 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who looks at them signs and thinks "hmmm reputable company, I'll buy from them".

As you offer a service you've got to make your offering tangible and have value.

SEO is going to be your best route, engage with customers through social networking. If you want to do advertising, try the local paper or online advertising packages. Think about your target market and where they will be receptive. Is it consumers or business?

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by deano87]
Andrew

24th Jan 13 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Social media doesn't do an awful lot in my opinion unless you hit it day in and day out. Plus, it annoys me being spammed on fb..

The banners is another way of getting known. For myself since starting the company i'm always looking at posters, bill boards etc - it may just be me that does this.
Balling
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Banners and billboards in them self will not generate business. They'll help make your brand recognisable so that, when approached by you, potential clients might recognise your company and, because humans are idiots by nature, we have more trust in stuff we recognise. Simple psychology.

So, banners are fine, even if they seem tacky, but they're only a small part of the equation.

Marketing and sales is always going to be the biggest issue for small companies like yours. It's potentially very expensive and time consuming and the quality and results can be impossible to measure.

Balling
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Social media doesn't do an awful lot in my opinion unless you hit it day in and day out.
You would be surprised.

People's online habits have changed drastically since Facebook arrived, to a point where today you find people who don't surf the net, but surf Facebook in stead. These people don't send emails or browse homepages, they send Facebook messages and browse Facebook profiles.

The sad reality today is, if you don't exist on Facebook you don't, to a lot of people at least, exist on the internet at all.

deano87

24th Jan 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling talks sense.

Ask Rich H/Refined Detail about how social media boosts his business. It's a lot of work outside core working hours but you have to put the effort in if you want to sustain and grown business levels.

Customers won't come to you unless they know how to and more importantly, who you are.
James

24th Jan 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see billboards being particularly affective.

Aren't you hoping to target B2B clients?

I can't see someone in charge of IT budget at a company choosing to use your company because they drove past a billboard.
Whittie

24th Jan 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

e-campagins to bought data thats relevent to you, end of.

I've got a North West database from Feb 2012 of opt-in email addresses with first name / business name, would be happy to discuss a price.

Dont care what you say regarding social media, you need it. Also blogs and article writing.

Leaflets don't really do much, i'd get a page in a local week paper, (full page) and send 10k leaflets out in the same paper if I were you. All for around £600, assuming you get a £500 page and £100 special rate for doing it same week with paper, Surely you'd get more than that back.
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jan 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reality is, everyone's a computer tech these days. Anyone who's not will ask their primary school child how to fix it. You need to know something special if you want to make money in that game imo. You should be aiming at business rather than personal and as said, no business is gonna pay attention to some sign strapped to a railing at the end of the motorway

[Edited on 24-01-2013 by Brett]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Advertising 24 database queries in 0.0106480 seconds