corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Epic Emergency Stop...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Epic Emergency Stop...
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's a straight road with a 50+ limit and cruise is available then I usually use it, slow down for roundabouts then as I'm about to leave the roundabout, press resume and job done till the next roundabout.

Edit: That is in autos obviously, it's years since I drove a manual with cruise so didn't think about the inconvenience of changing gears

[Edited on 26-01-2013 by Mike]
Kano

27th Jan 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
If it's a straight road with a 50+ limit and cruise is available then I usually use it, slow down for roundabouts then as I'm about to leave the roundabout, press resume and job done till the next roundabout.

Edit: That is in autos obviously, it's years since I drove a manual with cruise so didn't think about the inconvenience of changing gears

[Edited on 26-01-2013 by Mike]

Not the same in a lorry! I drive a 44t Actros and once you click resume at low speed it lets u dip the clutch and change gear. Once clutch is back up away it goes again.
Nick-S

27th Jan 13 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same in my Atego. No need to touch the throttle going up the gears.
Bonney

27th Jan 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a Scania R440 with Opticruise 12 speed gearbox. As mike said use the cruise control then turn it off for the roundabout, then when the roundabout is out the way hit the resume button and away you go.

Just use it to make your life easier, Plus on the plus side it helps with the fuel economy.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Jan 13 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard of being able to change gear and leave the cruise enabled, curious to see whether my LF will do that.
pow
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure a car won't, in the alfa if you can slip it out of gear with the cruise on (at the sweet spot in the rev range when you can pop it out of gear) then it revs up a bit, flashed the cruise control light on the dash and cuts out
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Jan 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah same with the Astra, clutch switch disengages it or you can pull it out of gear and fool it.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
I drive a Scania R440 with Opticruise 12 speed gearbox. As mike said use the cruise control then turn it off for the roundabout, then when the roundabout is out the way hit the resume button and away you go.

Just use it to make your life easier, Plus on the plus side it helps with the fuel economy.

In the Jeep, not only can it help with fuel, it can also make racing relaxing

It basically carries on in the manner in which you set off so if you boot it away from a set of lights then, once over 15mph, press resume, it continues flat out until you get back to speed. Had a battle with a Pathfinder the other week using that method, and I won till 60 where mine stayed whilst he was still giving it loads in the Pathfinder

[Edited on 27-01-2013 by Mike]
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
In the real world with a fully loaded lorry it may not be as effective. The lorry would stop but then the load would push you on again especially with bulk liquids.

Says it's fully loaded to 40tons?

Fucking hell that is impressive.
Kano

27th Jan 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Never heard of being able to change gear and leave the cruise enabled, curious to see whether my LF will do that.

Only way I can disengage is by manually clicking it off with the stalk or the brake pedal trips it aswell.
Chris
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-0sigux5hQ

2 x FH and and tightrope walker
andy_mk3

28th Jan 13 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I retro-fitted cruise control in my old mk3 astra, it was from a Vectra b, so a fairly basic system. A couple of times I'd had it set at 70, and knocked the reset button while indicating at a low speed, which it would end up going flat out
SVM 286

28th Jan 13 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pl1UMfxa_r4

Will be no need for manual brakes soon then..

Effing Nora!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Epic Emergency Stop... 23 database queries in 0.0107288 seconds