corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need to buy 4 tyres

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need to buy 4 tyres
chrex

User status: Offline
27th Jan 13 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look in to Maxxis MA-Z1's too, they're good. Getting a set of them for the DC5 next month.

[Edited on 27-01-2013 by chrex]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 07:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
look in to Maxxis MA-Z1's too, they're good. Getting a set of them for the DC5 next month.

[Edited on 27-01-2013 by chrex]

Enjoy the noise!

Bought 4 for Golf last year, scrubbed fronts off ASAP due to noise, need to swap backs to front so I can do same with those!

Great at first but my god after 5k they are the worst tyre for noise I have ever driven on. Sticking with Dunlop SP9000 from now on I think!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
AndyKent

28th Jan 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Literally don't understand the thought process behind spending several thousand on a decent car then finding the cheapest possible tyres as the only bit that touches the road.

Your car and that, just weird.
nathy_87

28th Jan 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

etyres.co.uk
dan_m1les

28th Jan 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Literally don't understand the thought process behind spending several thousand on a decent car then finding the cheapest possible tyres as the only bit that touches the road.

I'm not trying to find the cheapest tyres, i'm trying to find a good tyre, spending the most doesn't always mean the best in my experince. If they are rubbish they will be taken off and put in the garage with the spares for the other cars.
JordyCarter

28th Jan 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i just buy budgets me and ive always found them okay. I dont race or anything though
BarnshaW

28th Jan 13 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_m1les
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent

I'm not trying to find the cheapest tyres, i'm trying to find a good tyre, spending the most doesn't always mean the best in my experince. If they are rubbish they will be taken off and put in the garage with the spares for the other cars.

is that not just false economy to start with as if thats the case then you are buying twice? why not just spend decent to start with? add £150 quid more and you got yourself a mid range/premium set and not a budget set.
Dave

28th Jan 13 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This, to buy tyres I'd never heard of they'd have to be extremely cheapy cheap, otherwise you might as well play it safe. For £350 you could have got a tried and tested tyre like Uniroyal Rainsports or the Falkens mentioned earlier.
Mertin

28th Jan 13 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Running budget tyres and driving sensibly is all well and good. What you cant account for is someone pulling out in front of you and having to slam on the brakes and then your relying on your ditchfinders to stop you. Same scenario with coming across a large puddle / standing water

I dont buy the best, but definately the worst. Last few sets have been falkens or toyos

[Edited on 28-01-2013 by Mertin]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need to buy 4 tyres 24 database queries in 0.0059888 seconds