corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Courier

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Courier
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a bit of advice from anyone who has had to send an engine via courier before.

Will be splitting my Astra in the next 2 months as it's worth more in parts, have no problems with posting everything out but I've never had to send an engine before.

So can anyone recommend a decent courier service for an engine?

And also a noobish question, what's the best way of sending it? On a pallet of course but does the engine need to be sat on its sump? Or can it be laid on it's back? Also if it needs to be stood up on its sump how do you keep it stable?

Sorry for the noobish questions just never had to possibly send an engine before.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Twiggy

1st Feb 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask ian
iby

1st Feb 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a engine sent to me. Tie the engine to the pallet with tow rope/seatbelt rope etc.

Should be solid then wrap it with cellophane stuff. Mine is sat on its sump. Any couriers tbh. They always have a pallet truck with them and the rear end usually drops down and so the pallet weels up on it.

Try uk pallets/
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
1st Feb 13 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Palletways - you can find a depot on their web site

http://www.palletways.com/

Contact the local depot, they'll come out and tail lift it on and its on its way. Costs about £55 so long as you're not going too far away up to the top of Scotland or outlying parts.

Needs to be securely fastened down and drained.

Could lay it down but depends what ancillaries are in the way and what you'll squash by doing that.

I stand them on the sump as the Puma ones are flat, not sure about the LETs, if not peftectly so you can prop it up and whatever you tie it down with should hold it in place.

I have a banding machine now so its no hassle, otherwise you might end up giving away a strap.

The other alternative is find a rock pallet, on those you don't need straps because you can bodge in bits of wood to hold it in place -

I also wrap mine which secures it a bit more, plus I normally enclose other boxes with other bits in so they need holding on without being strapped as that would crush the box.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Feb 13 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian that is sexy
Adam C
Premium Member

1st Feb 13 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideal, cheers for the advice

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
john_redtop

2nd Feb 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used
http://www.speedshift.co.uk/
Was about £54

photo sharing sites
Used a ratchet strap I then put tarporlin over it and tied it down with string

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Courier 24 database queries in 0.0088220 seconds