corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remap / Tuning Box / EDS IPF

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remap / Tuning Box / EDS IPF
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
26th Feb 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the differences and advantages from each, some tuning box's and especially the EDS quote 200 bhp were as most remaps only quote around 180 /185 - Its for a 1.9cdti 150

Any one have any experience with them or recommendations?

[Edited on 26-02-2013 by SXI - Matt]
corsaben58

26th Feb 13 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the advantages of a box is on certain ones you get settings which will increase mpg and power in different settings however remaps cant be changed as easy
GB123
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tuning boxes are a bit shit tbh, they just fool the ecu into thinking the injectors aren't firing enough so they overcompensate and dump loads of fuel in, you probably won't see the quoted bhp figures or mpg figures either.
SXI - Matt

26th Feb 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah reading up on them remaps seem to be a lot more fine tuned what with being on the rolling road before and after, it was the figures that made me curious. Although that's probably why there so high to get people's interest.

Next question is can a remap be detected? As in if a car went in for some work to a garage would they be able to tell if its got a map on it?
Cole

26th Feb 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to warreng he will sort you out and answer any of your questions
SXI - Matt

26th Feb 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah good shout for got he did diesel tuning, ta

Is he still on here haven't seen him on here lately

corsav6_mut

26th Feb 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the same equipment as Warren (if he still uses the same as when he posted about it) the software isn't detectable by dealers.
You can't tell on the routine diagnostics a dealer might do.
smcGSI16V

26th Feb 13 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt

Is he still on here haven't seen him on here lately

Probably on holiday. Seems to go on one every couple of weeks.
John

26th Feb 13 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I vote for dtuk boxes on these. Almost as good as a remap, can be had for not much over £100 on ebay and can be easily removed and sold on when you want rid.
Toby
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I vote for dtuk boxes on these. Almost as good as a remap, can be had for not much over £100 on ebay and can be easily removed and sold on when you want rid.

I would agree, think a friend had the red box and on level 7/8 it was quite agressive but the throttle response was immense and very little lag and gthe car was very quick. Wouldnt like to see long term effects of using the box though on the engine if it gets a hard life.
Simon_16v

27th Feb 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a tuning box, they plug into the fuel line and fool the car into think the fuel is either warmer/cooler than it is so it throws more fuel in.

Certainly makes the car quicker but when the engine is cold, lots of black smoke!

I'd say go for a remap and it actually changes parameters rather than a posh resistor
SXI - Matt

27th Feb 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's what I was thinking, do like the idea of them actually adjusting the parameters ect so it doesn't potentially coarse and damage.

On the flip side you read about people having tuning boxes on for like 40k with no problems it's a hard one
GB123
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
fool the car into think the fuel is either warmer/cooler than it is so it throws more fuel in.

How would that work? I'm sure it's done from fuel pressure not temperature. I.e if the ecu thinks the pressure is too low which could damage the engine it then puts more fuel in.

John

27th Feb 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not how the proper tuning boxes work. It's connected to the fuel rail and the box changes how much fuel is injected.

Sounds like Simon actually had a posh resistor.
GB123
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The basic principal of them all is just adding more fuel, just the cheaper ones add loads all the time whereas the more expensive ones go off of throttle position etc, same thing though.
Beato

27th Feb 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the green DTUK box in mine for 60k+ miles, worked great and completely changes the car. Still have it if you're interested?
SXI - Matt

27th Feb 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the gains they advertise on the green box? Yeah may be intrested how much you after
Simon_16v

27th Feb 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the manufacturer of the tuning box I have

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/
SXI - Matt

27th Feb 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at the DTUK boxes more specific there new crd-t I believe it is, controls fuel pressure and contects to th boost sensor I believe, any way they claim to take the power from 150BHP to 215BHP how can they claim these figures when thorney state with a stage 2 I believe which is turbo back miltek and a map they can only get 210/220 BHP :-/

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-vauxhall-engine_astra_h-1.9-cdti-150-ps-stage-2-(crd-t)

[Edited on 27-02-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Simon_16v

27th Feb 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They pluck figures out of the air for naive people to purchase them.

Honestly just go for a remap, with the Astra's people normally remap it so you only activate the remap with the Sport button on the dash
SXI - Matt

27th Feb 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah see even if they did get that power I wouldn't trust it not to blow my car up pushing it that far being completely standard

Least with a rolling road before and after ill know if any think is wrong before doing it and after.

There not capable of running a twin map though all the sport button would do is lower the throttle response so in turn you don't get the full power from the new map until pressed.
Toby
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 07:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Andrew @ DTUK, he actually advised agaisnt the crd2 box and said the red box would be best for most on these engines set on level 7 or 8. Even gave my friend a discount code as well.
Simon_16v

28th Feb 13 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Speak to Andrew @ DTUK, he actually advised agaisnt the crd2 box and said the red box would be best for most on these engines set on level 7 or 8. Even gave my friend a discount code as well.

Aren't you buying one for the BMW?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Remap / Tuning Box / EDS IPF 23 database queries in 0.0169001 seconds