corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Product review/opinions - compbrake top mounts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Product review/opinions - compbrake top mounts
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Mar 13 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems my standard rubber top mounts aren't up to handling the lows with the air ride and they're stretching and not sitting properly. Need to get them sorted before MOT so thinking I'll upgrade to some solid ones from the likes of compbrake. They any good? Thinking more towards the concentric ones (non adjustable) as I don't think I really wanna be cutting my turrets up, unless the adjustable ones are really worth the hassle. So, what are your experiences like with them?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
BenC1985

5th Mar 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it looked like your top mounts were struggling when i see it on sunday. Be interested in this aswell.
bigron1988

5th Mar 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had a prob with mine from there
Edges 58

5th Mar 13 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had adjustable ones and they were perfect.. Heard you can fit them upside down and you don't have to cut your turret but they still work perfect.
Nic Barnes

5th Mar 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mins have been upside down for about 7 years.
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, so fitting the adjustable ones upside down doesn't cause any undesirable effects? May shell out the extra for them then if you don't have to cut up the turret like that. They easy enough to get set up? Basically just wanna get rid of the mad camber where the rubber ones have stretched inward and improve the steering a bit.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Aidan-Fleming

6th Mar 13 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have a link to these?
Edges 58

6th Mar 13 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah really easy to set, just turn them to where you want and put the bolts in.

http://www.compbrake.com/cars/vauxhall/corsa.html
Joey 1.6 sport

6th Mar 13 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine from there had nothink but problems the first set they sent me were some cheap looking eBay crap and then sent me another set which still don't line up with the holes on my turrets and I spoke to a knob called dave customer service is crap
Edges 58

6th Mar 13 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought mine from there and no problems at all, only issue was needed a spacer for the top of the strut as these are thinner than standard top mounts

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Product review/opinions - compbrake top mounts 24 database queries in 0.0136721 seconds