corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driver license

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driver license
Sean

User status: Offline
6th Mar 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any info on this would be great. I have a b license, passed my test in 2010.. what test do I need to do to be able to drive over 3.5t and what will
My new limit be? Cheers
Welsh Dan

6th Mar 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will need to do your C1, and you can drive up to 7.5t.

You'll need to get a medical before you can get the provisional category on your licence.
Sean

6th Mar 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's involved in the test? I quite often drive to my limit (small horse boxes) I can drive the bigger ones to, just not legally..
Welsh Dan

6th Mar 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to make sure that you take into account the rear over hang of the vehicle, such as when pulling out from the side of the pavement, to make sure you don't clobber any signposts/pavement furniture/parked cars when you pull out and go around a corner. You also need to be checking when you pass things like pedestrians and cyclists, to make sure that you haven't caused them to be drawn into the rear of the vehicle. There'll also be a part where you need to park at the side of the road. The first time I did my C1, I forgot about the size of the mirrors and hit a lamppost with it
Welsh Dan

6th Mar 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my D1 at the same time, that was pretty much the same thing. Work paid for both, but I only had about 30 minutes tuition for each before doing the test, so not even a full lesson.
Adster

7th Mar 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got a rough idea on price dan for the test?
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you might aswell get a full class 2 which means u can drive anything rigid. dont see the point in going just up to 7.5t. for a class 2 (C) the test was about £350 if i remember correctly including vehicle hire and then you've gotta look at a school maybe to do a weeks driving course.
Vauxdan88

7th Mar 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes so it's not just 350 is it lol. My mate did his class 2 a few months ago cost him 1200 for the test and training
Welsh Dan

7th Mar 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea of cost, we have our own vehicles and DSA approved testers due to the number of drivers that they train.

Someone said it was a few hundred pounds worth for the lessons and equivalent vehicle hire though if you were doing it privately, which I could understand. The only reason that I did my C1D1 is because some of our vehicles weigh over 3.5t when fully laden and have too many seats. I've no need for a full rigid licence.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driver license 23 database queries in 0.0131378 seconds