corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Going back to gym - supplement help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going back to gym - supplement help
Callum

User status: Offline
9th Mar 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joining back to the gym after a year out, not sure what the best supplements are these days. Basically I want to be more bulky but not look fat as the protein I used to take used to make me feel fat. Also looking for a booster to use before workouts?thanks
BarnshaW

9th Mar 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could stick with the old creatine, you should take protein and it should not make you fat if you are eating properly with it, protein shakes with water have almost no fat in them and very few carbs.

take your pick from the pre workout supps, you can still get hold of ones like jack3d if you look about.
sc0ott

9th Mar 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt take a pre workout supplement if youre starting back after a while. Get yourself back into on your own, eat better, drink your protein and get plenty sleep and youll be fine. You dont want to start relying on preworkout supplements.
Callum

9th Mar 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what protein to go for ? What's the best make that is out just now, price doesn't bother me
Russ

9th Mar 13 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ON gold if you're minted.
Minty_Fresh

9th Mar 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strong black coffee before training if you really need something and a decent protein (optimum nutrition whey or myprotein as examples)

Obviously getting your diet up to scratch is key first if it's not already.
sc0ott

10th Mar 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sshealthfoods.com/pages.php?page=lt.powders&mprd=CytoSport&d=0
Balling
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good advice that doesn't seem to be thrown about a lot and I know a few will disagree with:
Look at the ingredients of your protein. If it contains anything other than protein, avoid it.

Trying to get in to shape and staying healthy doesn't mix with ingesting lots of chemically produced unnatural substances.
Whey protein is a natural substance that doesn't harm your body, so filling it with artificial flavors, sweeteners and various chemicals to help better dissolve it in water partially defeats the purpose.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Going back to gym - supplement help 25 database queries in 0.0083249 seconds