corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » daily runner.....astra or vectra SRI cdti 150

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author daily runner.....astra or vectra SRI cdti 150
Jonny.K

User status: Offline
18th Mar 13 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right im looking into a daily car ideally a vectra or astra 5 door Cdti 150 anyone had any experienc with them things too look for when viewing them..?
Also hopefully goin to view an astra Cdti t9 on friday anyone drivn or been in one of these? and opinions?
SXI - Matt

18th Mar 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before any one else says it as loads will the M32 gear box's are terrible for going on you. Look out for movement in gear in 1st, 5th and 6th, when on a test drive come on and off the throttle if any directional movement forward and back in the stick it needs rebuilding. You'll also hear a wine mainly in 5th and 6th it's not mega expensive to fix but will set you back.

Get your self on to astra owners network some really good threads on what to look out for ect, and a T9 sub section and register to.

I've got one and think there lovely to drive plenty of power and sit at 80/90 on the motorway with ease.

The t9's look lovely and have 200bhp so can only imagine there even nicer and more fun to drive.

[Edited on 18-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Jonny.K

18th Mar 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one had receipts for box bein rebuilt as it had a slight bit of play in 1st,5th and 6th as u said been told there bad for flywheels? This true or?...
SXI - Matt

18th Mar 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to sure on the fly wheels I've not heard much about them, just the box and the swirl flaps or inlet manifold not sure what one it comes under. But if you pop over to astra owners network there's some really good buying threads on there. Some very easy quick checks before you buy to make sure it's all ok.

I wouldn't get to hung up over little issues people get else you'll scare your self off and be to worried to drive it. As long as major ones are ok that's what matters.

I'd personally say buy from a garage and get warranty for that piece of mind or at least you look the whole car over properly if private and enjoy it there great cars.
Jonny.K

18th Mar 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate i should hopefully find out by end of the week n view it friday if all goes well i think il go for it n no doubt have pics up of what ever i buy
SXI - Matt

18th Mar 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You thinking of going for the T9? Jealous indeed if you do get that don't think there's any think else you need to do to it of you got that.
Jonny.K

18th Mar 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah curreby hold the highest offer on it but shall see pretty low miles etc n cant go much more than my offer due to budget but fingers are tightly crossed!
shaned12345

18th Mar 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dual mass flywheels, alternators often fail, gearbox as mentioned. All common issues
SXI - Matt

18th Mar 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny.K
Yeah curreby hold the highest offer on it but shall see pretty low miles etc n cant go much more than my offer due to budget but fingers are tightly crossed!

Ah very nice what spec e.g colour and mileage? They have a register over on astra owners network so if the old owner is on there can see the history ect, just a thought got a link to the add? U2U it if you'd rather although ill only make my self jealous
Jonny.K

19th Mar 13 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its panacotta silver (beige) n its got a private reg
SXI - Matt

19th Mar 13 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah v nice
smcGSI16V

19th Mar 13 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

888's are better but not quite so rare.
Jonny.K

19th Mar 13 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

888's are big money n most of them have high mileage plus fuck the 3 door i think there horrible looking cars n far too small inside and the rear windows are useless if i was gona buy a 3 door id just buy a vxr
Corsa_Sport21

20th Mar 13 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it its this car then....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-T9-VERY-RARE-1-OF-15-VXR-VXD-888-ALTERNATIVE-/271162841108?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f22909814
SXI - Matt

20th Mar 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
888's are big money n most of them have high mileage plus fuck the 3 door i think there horrible looking cars n far too small inside and the rear windows are useless if i was gona buy a 3 door id just buy a vxr

Your a big fan of the 3 doors then I'm the opposite think the 5 doors look wrong and the 2 door suite the style much more and lines, agree about the rear window but when you've got parking sensors it's not a problem

[Edited on 20-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]
SXI - Matt

20th Mar 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Decent spec that is, and seems well looked after what with the gearbox being done and all the service history. I'd get that snapped up been up for a while to should be able to knock him down a bit
smcGSI16V

20th Mar 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
parking sensors it's not a problem

[Edited on 20-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » daily runner.....astra or vectra SRI cdti 150 23 database queries in 0.0145020 seconds