corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gatebil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gatebil
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Mar 13 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone ever been to a Gatebil event at the Rudskogen track Norway?

got a week holiday to book and was thinking of going for the july one if the prices, travel and accomodations right

anyone in the know or been?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdCWm26rFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpospuOBYas
Pridzz

20th Mar 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted to go - And to be fair I will go at one point as it looks like complete madness.
Christopher

20th Mar 13 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take me with you!
FAZ
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flights to oslo coming in at £161 from juuly 12th - 15th, its just getting from oslo to Rudskogen :/ and accomodation
Ben G

20th Mar 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sod the cars. more pics of the girls needed.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI - Norway is fucking expensive.

Otherwise, a great place, and the Gatebil show would be awesome!
FAZ
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noticing how expensive it is :/
RichR
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad is based in Scandanavia and he's found Norway to be getting more and more expensive recently along with Finland. He text me last week to say he'd had a pretty standard hotel restaurant meal, 2 people, 2 course and a bottle of wine came to €165 and it wasn't anything special!! But, that aside, I will go to Gatebil one day
AK

20th Mar 13 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

euros in norway :S hehe

Crazy bunch, would be worth a trip but you should consider camping or something. Hotels are about 150-200 per night for normal rooms, a good night out will cost you a couple of hundred easy.

Girls are mega friendly though
Iain M

20th Mar 13 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Gatebil was mainley Ford or am i way off the mark?
RichR
Premium Member

21st Mar 13 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finland AK
P1CK4D

21st Mar 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went last year! Fucking epic event. Any questions feel free to ask. Me and a friend hired a car from Oslo Airport and drove to a hotel 10mins from the track. As said, it's expensive there!
FAZ
Premium Member

21st Mar 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what were your over all expenses?

and i presume you flew from uk > oslo?
sharpy28

21st Mar 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was on fith gear the other night? Johnny was drifting in that yellow m5
P1CK4D

22nd Mar 13 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
what were your over all expenses?

and i presume you flew from uk > oslo?

Can't quite remember in total tbh. But we pre-booked a hotel for 2 of the nights and had to 'wing' it the first night by finding somewhere to stay which cost 1100 in their currency I think? The Gatebil tickets we bought when we got there on the first day and I think they were 500 each? I think they may have been more in all honesty. I have such a bad memory! Sorry! But even things like a gash little hotdog is expensive. We went to a local supermarket and stocked up on supplies which we carried around in a rucksack all day. It's a big place! Also, if you buy the weekend tickets you can stay for the after party shows. Mental! I am luckily enough to be good friends with Baggsy who used to drift for Japspeed who was out there so I got backstage in the VIP with Monster Energy. Free drink, food, and naked girls - Pure Awesomeness

Edit - I also paid to do a few laps in the M5 Gatebil Taxi. The track is amazing and everyone drives like a prick on track drifting past on the straights and corners. I loved it!

[Edited on 22-03-2013 by P1CK4D]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » gatebil 23 database queries in 0.0099089 seconds