corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how to remove engine rust??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to remove engine rust??
beany113

User status: Offline
31st Mar 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys, as above. just bought another gsi engine for not alot of money and the inlet manifold hasnt been on it for a little while which has made the ports go abit rusty and i can see a little bit of rust on the valves.. anyone able to help me out with cleaning it up ? thanks
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rip it apart, take the valves out and inspect them. Do valve stem oil seals whilst yo're in there but send the head away before you do to get checked over and cleaned up properly. Valves should clean up no problem but new ones aren't mega dear anyway.
beany113

31st Mar 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay mate, ive never taken an engine apart before so im kinda scared , do you have any idea on prices for head to be cleaned ect? thanks for your help
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick a thread up in your local section on here, I'm sure somebody will know someone to do it a bit cheaper for you. I'm not sure what it would cost as I've never really paid full prices on anything
beany113

31st Mar 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay mate thankyou, i just dont want to start stripping things and not be able to put them back together lol
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's not a lot to a head once you've stripped it tbh but get someone to clean it and rebuild it if it's something you've never done.
beany113

31st Mar 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate i might look into that as its a chnace to learn about my engine!! dont spoe you know anywere i can read up about taking the engine apart at all ?? thankyou
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haynes manual or look on here, make a thread in Help Zone for any advice. Someone local might always help you out and show you what to do.
beany113

31st Mar 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thankyou for your help
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Apr 13 at 06:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head recons vari from £100/£150 around here. skimming and decokes lap in valves and top end gasket set. if you want to get it ported ect then upto £500. ashford motor sport can help you with this. in dover.
beany113

1st Apr 13 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankyou Dave you've been most helpful! I shall look into this!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how to remove engine rust?? 23 database queries in 0.0104299 seconds