corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » giffgaff sim's.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author giffgaff sim's.
Ben G

User status: Offline
31st Mar 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My t-mobile contract is due to end and i'm going to go on a pay monthly sim only deal.

seen these mentioned on here before, but not 100% sure on what you need to do.

Is it a monthly/yearly/2 year contract? Or is it just a pay as you go sim?

I probably only use 100 mins/100 texts a month, but am always on the internet when at work and the 1gb internet allowance is better than others give.

I just don't want to be in a situation where I need to 'top up' every month, would much rather the money just came out the bank every month.

Can you do that on giffgaff?
Brett
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its easy enough to topup, just do it online iirc, however you can set "auto topup" which would solve your issue above.

https://giffgaff.com/buy

Current best deal is £12/month and you get 250mins and unlimited everything else. Not sure you could beat that. Get your mrs on giffgaff too and you can call her anytime for free (or anyone else on giffgaff)

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags/12pound-goodybag

[Edited on 31-03-2013 by Brett]
Ben G

31st Mar 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers brett. other half is halfway through a 2 year contract and likes upgrading to new phones, so i doubt she'd want to go on a sim only deal. typical woman.
Dave

31st Mar 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the exact same situation, ordered my sim early last week but it still hasn't arrived yet. £12 just seems miles better than anyone else, plus I'm on o2 currently so don't need to unlock the phone.

One question though, when I was on the phone to o2 the woman I was talking to said nobody using o2's network can offer unlimited data. She was really insistent about it, despite me quoting exactly what I was reading on Giffgaff page. This is bollocks right?
A2H GO

31st Mar 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Defo unlimited, used 12gb in March (through tethering too ), been with them years and never had 'the email'.

Despite a few issues in that time they've been great recently when switching between normal, micro and nano sims.

[Edited on 31-03-2013 by A2H GO]
Robin
Premium Member

1st Apr 13 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do operate a fair usage policy..... Of 1GB of data per day!
ed

1st Apr 13 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God knows how the measure it. I get 500mb Goodybags for my iPad, I've used 998mb this month
Simon

1st Apr 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only on the £10 bag and it covers me fine. Consider where you use most of your internet, A lot of the time I'm connected to a wifi at home or work. The £10 covers my general browsing elsewhere / sat nav etc etc.

New Poll