corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CS I need your help finding cobra subframe**update- got one**

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CS I need your help finding cobra subframe**update- got one**
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 13 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon everyone

wanted to fit my passenger side bucket seat this weekend for the MK meet as wanted to give out a couple of passenger rides (plus have the passenger seat in for combe)

Only problem is i cant find one new or second hand cobra seat subframe for love nor money, there is r-tec local to me where i work in st.albans called them asking for one and they have spoken to cobra directly and they are saying lead time for one is a month
(something to do with cobra being broken into and having stock stolen etc)

So i have cash waiting if someone can find and get me a passenger side cobra seat subframe (not the side mounted ones) as the one i want to fit is a base mounted seat

much appreciated if anyone can find one or knows someone who has one

cheers

[Edited on 05-04-2013 by SteveoBC]
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Search for Cavalier, Calibra and Astra Mk3 ones - all the same...

I had Cavalier adaptors fitted to my Cobras in my Corsa.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

two bars welded in between the door sill and tunnel, bolts from them into the seat not possible?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
two bars welded in between the door sill and tunnel, bolts from them into the seat not possible?

dont have access to a welder work arent letting any private work happen at our place at the mo, plus want the subframes ideally so i can adjust it
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

you positive? dont fancy forking out for a cav/calibra one etc and find out it doesnt fit
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

you positive? dont fancy forking out for a cav/calibra one etc and find out it doesnt fit

100%

I bought my Cobras & Adaptors for my Cavalier originally, then tested them in my Corsa and they fit, they stayed in it for 3 years right up until the buyer of the car swapped them out for proper welded seat mounts.

The way Cav Mk3/Calibra/Astra Mk3/Corsa B seats mount to their Subframes are the same, and those points are where the Cobra adaptors mount to the Subframes
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is from when I checked myself

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/cav-calibra-seat-subframes.181754/

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/my-shonky-corsa-1-8-16v-sport.180349/page-2
antnee

3rd Apr 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to Sportseats4u.co.uk, there may be other subframes with the same fitment (ie other than Cobra)
gav93

3rd Apr 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not just chuck in a standard sport seat or the like if you or someone local may have one kicking around?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got 2 afaik. I've not seen them for a while, they're up the farm. U2U Ian and see if he knows of their whereabouts. If he can find them we can bring one down on Sunday.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I've got 2 afaik. I've not seen them for a while, they're up the farm. U2U Ian and see if he knows of their whereabouts. If he can find them we can bring one down on Sunday.

Ahh mike you ledge! Free passenger rides if you an Ian can find em'

I'll send him u2u in a bit
broster
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try gsm
Ste
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 05:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

LOL! you been up there lately Mike?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrapped?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Apr 13 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Scrapped?

hope not lol
possy

4th Apr 13 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sold some a few week ago but try tweeks
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

call off the search, found one through a friend of a friend

should have it Monday though as hes posting it today

ohwell, least i'll have a passenger seat fitted for combe end of the month
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Apr 13 at 01:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Scrapped?

No - he means they're under stuff which is under some other stuff and while you're looking there's some stuff in the way.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » CS I need your help finding cobra subframe**update- got one** 24 database queries in 0.0112581 seconds