corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which would you go for

Poll: Which would you go for
Late 997 turbo gen 1 (08) 5 (13.51%)
Gallardo (06) 32 (86.49%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which would you go for
Ben G

User status: Offline
6th Apr 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Porsche being boring? The 997 turbo has got to be one of the sexiest cars ever made and would be an absolute machine to drive. I'm a massive fan of them but understand why people would chose the lambo but to call them boring is very odd.

Boring aesthetically. To a normal person, not an enthusiast, a 911 looks the same as a boxster s or cayman. Therefore it's not as dramatic as a gallardo.

Do the john-d/taylorboosh test and pull up at a petrol station in a gallardo and 911. I guarantee the lambo gets more admiring looks and kids going mental.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck what other people think. Get an R8 you won't want to stop driving it. Ask drunkenfool amazing car. I think it looks better than the gallardo too

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
kennySRi

6th Apr 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Porsche being boring? The 997 turbo has got to be one of the sexiest cars ever made and would be an absolute machine to drive. I'm a massive fan of them but understand why people would chose the lambo but to call them boring is very odd.

Boring aesthetically. To a normal person, not an enthusiast, a 911 looks the same as a boxster s or cayman. Therefore it's not as dramatic as a gallardo.

Do the john-d/taylorboosh test and pull up at a petrol station in a gallardo and 911. I guarantee the lambo gets more admiring looks and kids going mental.

Not denying that a lambo would get more looks (although I'm not too sure about it) but a 997 turbo will get attention from all kinds of people, they have awesome presence! No point arguing about it lol but whichever he choses (if any) neither can be classed as a boring car.

These posts confuse me anyway. Surely the op should know which he prefers and only advice worth asking for is people with experience with them, which we don't have. I'd buy a car that I want and not what others tell me to.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly that kenny. I've had experience with gallardo 997 and R8
R8
Gallardo is my order of greatness

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
kennySRi

6th Apr 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Exactly that kenny. I've had experience with gallardo 997 and R8
R8
Gallardo is my order of greatness

I was wrong then if users do have experience with them. I don't like the lambos at all, think an r8 is better in every single way tbh. Still would prefer the 997 though
Colin

6th Apr 13 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only drove the 997 turbo out of those, and it left enough of an impression to make me want to own one. Plus it has rear seats for the kids so can almost be justified as sensible.

[Edited on 06-04-2013 by Colin]
Jambo

6th Apr 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R8 looks like a big TT.

997 is gorgeous, but looks like a £40k Carrera next to a Lamborghini.

Sure i bet the Porsxhe is by far the best to drive, but it's not a Lamborghini.

Where's the 430 option anyway??
Jay

6th Apr 13 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally agree with Ben Gs point, Porsches are boring looking cars they all look the same at a glance to the average person, I don't think an R8 looks anything special either. It all depends what you want from the car I suppose, but for me to have a car like that, id want it to make an impact.
Ben G

7th Apr 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good god. Mind made up for me.

Just went into town and there was a 997 911 driving along and it was very quiet.

I then heard a very nice noise, and low and behold a gallardo come flying down the road. The npise was unreal, bouncing off the buildings.

I was like a little kid again.
SXI - Matt

7th Apr 13 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can count on 1 hand how many times I've seen a Lamborghini driving on the road were as Porsche's well daily, Ferrari's & Aston's pretty regularly as for Maserati ect to

100% a gallardo or the likes

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Which would you go for 26 database queries in 0.0157430 seconds