corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe running problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe running problems
SeanXE

User status: Offline
10th Apr 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you know I bought a redtop corsa a few weeks back and was wondering if anyone could help with a problem we have with it..

When you first start it, it will rev up and down from 1k to 3k on its self, then when you accelerate hard it wont rev past 5k and will just start backfiring and popping, if you push the peddle down slow it will go all the way to the limiter.

After about 5-10 mins of it sitting idling, it will sit at just over 1k revs and rev like normal.

So far my dads changed spark plugs and ICV.

Its a 20xe btw.
SeanXE

10th Apr 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also the eml is on. When the cars running and you unplug the maf should it cut out or keep running, as we have been told its meant to stay running
monkeytwizzel

10th Apr 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should stay running,if the eml is lit then do the paper clip test to read the codes!
Go on a website called topbuzz and find your ecu type and it will explain all.
SeanXE

10th Apr 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It cuts out when the mafs unplugged, is it likely that it could need a new maf? And I will have to speak to my dad about trying the paper clip test
gary2097

10th Apr 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure on these engines mate but i had the same issue with the x14xe mate and it was the egr valve took it apart and cleaned it and its been fine since
monkeytwizzel

10th Apr 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No egr valve on a c20xe!some do cut out on idle when you unplug the maf but it should run just not very well,paper clip test or code reader wil tell you your fault if the eml is lit!

New Poll