corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insuring a previous write off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insuring a previous write off
Wrighty_1988

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, im on the look out for a van/mpv at the moment to convert into a little camper. There is a van for sale tonight at the auctions but it is a previous cat c. Its got 12 month mot on it so im not worried about it unless the repairs are shocking. What i wanting to know is, has anybody had any problems getting insurance on one, according to the web you have to tell them but if you were buying insurance online they dont ask and they dont ask over the phone aswell.

Anyone got a bit of info that could help me?.

Cheers
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they not ask online? Deffo asked me on the phone in the past.
Wrighty_1988

22nd Apr 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been doing an online quote on admiral and on moneysupermarket and they dont ask at all, cant find it on admirals policy books aswell but id expect there to be a clause somewhere.
corsa-torque

22nd Apr 13 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a cat c with 12 months MOT, chances are the damage has been recorded, it's been repaired and VIC tested. Therefor it will prob show up as a cat c on insurance companies computers
Ste
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if they ask it doesn't affect the quote, just means the value when they pay you out if it's written off again will be less.

Being a cat c doesn't increase or decrease your premium in my experience. (I've had a few now)

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Apr 13 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Ste said. Was same for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insuring a previous write off 24 database queries in 0.0126278 seconds