corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Value of homes..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Value of homes..
Kathryn W

User status: Offline
25th Apr 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do mortgage companies only go of the average sale price of properties on the street?
RichR
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in what regard?

If you mean for the valuation when purchasing; I'm yet to see a valuation which doesn't match the offer price
Kathryn W

25th Apr 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in the process of re-mortgaging and just wanting to know if most mortgage companies go on an average price of the street or actually what the house is worth...
RichR
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine re-valued a couple of years back. Told the surveyor what I needed the value to be and that's what it was.
stuartmitchell

25th Apr 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually your lender will send someone to value your property? In our case they didnt even come in, just drove up, lookrd through the window, went round the back and a day later they came back with a valuation which matched the one I gave to them in the first place
James

25th Apr 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For re-mortgage sometimes they will send someone to look round, sometimes they will just do a drive-by valuation and sometimes they will do it purely based on data from the internet.

Depends on the lender.
whitter45

25th Apr 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normally look at house price index in the area together with market performance

Probably also depends on value involved as the risk will be different

one of the big misleaders is how often property sell as its index based

i.e if your street has not had many recent sales the valuation is likely to be higher than streets/areas that have had alot of transaction

On a simple term look on zoopla at suggested house prices and you will see houses on the same street with same deign etc vary dramatically based on history of how many times its sold

Toby
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remortgaged to borrow additional funds for home improvements. The survey took aspects from recent house sales, purchase price and potential value of property once work was complete.
John

25th Apr 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a surveyor up recently and swear he just went back to the office and looked on zoopla.

If no similar houses have sold recently they have absolutely no idea what to do.
Kathryn W

25th Apr 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last house that sold was our next door neighbours for £89k but its a completely different house, one that has the same original layout is up for £126k... but we've got more 'features' its a minefield!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

26th Apr 13 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you pay and how long ago?

Roughly go by that figure add a little bit for any improvements made!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
John

26th Apr 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have had to be big improvements for them to have made any difference.
Kathryn W

27th Apr 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£110k 5 years ago.. only decoration and a landscaped garden!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Apr 13 at 06:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5yrs ago probably very much the same price if not a little less. As you will have bought quite high!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll