corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe into nova conversion problems (help please)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe into nova conversion problems (help please)
curtoise

User status: Offline
4th May 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, i have just put a x16xe into my nova. it was sold to me as a c16xe which it turns out was not true....

so my problem is the fuel pump will not prime or run. the car starts for about 3 - 2 seconds then dies.

i have no immobiliser loom or chip or transponder, so im guessing i got conned as the seller didnt have this either.

also on my manifold i have a hole on the far right which you can see in this picture which my manifold does not cover!!??

i have spoken to a few people who had immob issues and they said it didnt even try and start!

any help much appreciated. thanks
AlexW

4th May 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reply to my u2u dude
davidm

4th May 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the immbliser is built into.the ecu. you need to get a matching set of ecu chip and transponder from either x16xe or 14xe as the 14xe will run the engine. you can also get a unlocked ecu if u prefer to.do it.that way pal. but ecu set is only like 40quid on ebay

also that hole is to do with the sai i think bud get a 4-2-1 they cover this hole

[Edited on 04-05-2013 by davidm]
AlexW

4th May 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14xe would run like a pile of shite. An "unlocked" ecu would be near impossible to find, as they need doing via Tech 2.

That hole is EGR.

Curt has already spoke to me
davidm

4th May 13 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think.youll find it wont i ran my 16 on a 14 ecu was absoultly spot on.. as a few people i know have ran it also. there the same
curtoise

4th May 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surley the fueling would be different? And so through that eve hole it should be sucking then? My egr is blanked. AndiI have blanked the sai stuff properly. I have found an unlocked x16xe ecu so I might get that
davidm

7th May 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fueling is set my map sensor and adjusts with engine load. gases are let through when egr is open but if its.blanked then nothing will.be let through

New Poll