corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking .. x16xe ..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking .. x16xe ..
csifku

User status: Offline
6th May 13 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI, a while ago i have problem . when i start my car, i hear knocking noise of top of the engine i believe ... car work fine just that noise .. what u think it could be ? its really annoying and probably a start of something to brake, i dont know ...
f.p.e

7th May 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could just be hydraulic lifters. When was the oil last changed? Could just need a change. Otherwise may want either stripping and cleaned out or replacing with a new set of lifters.
AlexW

8th May 13 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fasf or slow, if its fast, its top end, most likely lifters, if its slow, bottom end, more likely big ends, thats not good news.

csifku

8th May 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do believe is top end ,,, lifters .. how much they cost ,, as soon as i find place im goin to take out cylinder head and see whats going on but this problem wasnt there before .. it come up recently .. oil i believe is changed not long time ago and i only done 1000 miles since i bought the car ..

New Poll