corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Whelan

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whelan
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
9th May 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At it again:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8700404/Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whelan-Everton-not-big-enough-for-Roberto-Martinez
kennySRi

9th May 13 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it'll be a bad move for him to go Everton. I can see them struggling in the next few seasons no matter who goes there so won't do Martinez any favours. I think he's a decent manager and would be a success at certain clubs.

Edit to say that it's laughable whelan thinks he can manage a top European club though

[Edited on 09-05-2013 by kennySRi]
Hammer

9th May 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everton are as big as Martinez would get. In fact I don't even think he's good enough, he certainly isn't near Moyes level.
Russ

9th May 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno. He's got Wigan I to Europe
Robbo

9th May 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moyes > Utd
Laudrup > Everton
Martinez > Swansea
GAF > Wigan

IMO
Robbo

9th May 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Everton are as big as Martinez would get. In fact I don't even think he's good enough, he certainly isn't near Moyes level.
agreed
random dav
Premium Member

11th May 13 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whelan is a wanker... simple

WRLFC !

Project cars
kennySRi

11th May 13 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you not from Wigan?

I like him, he talks some crap at times and a bit too biased but he's done well at life. Walking out onto Wembley later will be a massive achievement for him.
Dave

11th May 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rugby fans tend not to have a particularly high opinion of Whelan, mainly down to him favouring the Latics over who gets to use JJB/DW.

Doesn't bother me that much tbh, the club was in a financial state when he took over, we now play in a nice modern stadium and he chose to sell at a good time to someone who has brought success back to the club.
random dav
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a Tory tosser for a kick off. He makes out to be this brillaint guy but he was an arse with staff, etc.

He kicked us out of the stadium for a playoff game due to his made up rule that RL couldnt be played 24 hours before a PL game, he also nearly ruined Wigan RL in the early to mid 2000's.

He might of got us a new stadium but he pocketed 12m out the sale of Central park, the new stadium cost him next to nothing and he makes out as though he is a saviour, he ruined Orrell Rugby Union, he's just a dick in general.

I only hate Wigan Athletic because of him as soon as he quits/dies that will change.

[Edited on 12-05-2013 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
Rick Draper

15th May 13 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11682/8714577/Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whelan-committed-to-leading-club-back-to-Premier-League

Utter bell sniffer.
Dave

15th May 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AlexSXI

15th May 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody bloke annoys me so much, but I can't argue that he's doing it for the good of his club, trying to make the most money he can for the club.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Whelan 25 database queries in 0.0156939 seconds