corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Football Weekend Away- MADRID (Few Pics)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Football Weekend Away- MADRID (Few Pics)
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
15th May 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there's been threads on here before about weekends across Europe watching football so I thought I'd share some info and photos from our first trip of the year to Madrid this weekend just gone.

We flew out on Friday first thing, with the aim of having 2 days of touristy stuff fri & mon (for the missus) and 2 days of footie stuff sat & sun (for me) and returning yesterdy. Madrid is an amazing city with great architecture, history, restaurants etc, but I'll stick to the footie as we're in Sports Day!

On saturday morning, we travelled to the suburb of Getafe, with the aim of getting into Getafe CF's ground, the Coliseum Alfonso Perez, however unlike english stadiums, with receptions, club offices, shops etc, spanish grounds are virtually deserted on a non-matchday, especially when the club are playing away, as was the case on saturday!

So we failed to get in, however here's a couple of pics from outside-

On saturday afternoon, we had much greater sucess, doing the tour (guided by a very knowledgable tour guide for an extra 5 euros meaning it was 24 not 19) of Real Madrid's fantastic Bernabeu. A simply incredible stadium, which is right up there with Wembley and the Nou Camp. Just a shame I haven't seen a game there yet!

On sunday morning, we were up early for the trip across to Vallecas, where we were going to watch Rayo Vallecano v Valencia at the old school, but very characteristic Campo de Futbol de Vallecas. We arrived in plenty of time for the 12.00 kick off and got tickets from the very basic ticket office for 35 euros.

Valencia ran out 4-0 winners following a clinical display, with Roberto Sodado impressing massively but they were majorly helped by some of the worst 'top division' defending I've ever seen from Rayo.

The attendance was 9k but hanks to the passionate Rayo ultras behind the goal, the atmosphere sounded like 39,041.

Following this game, we had to get across the city, back to near our hotel, to the Estadio Vicente Calderon for my highlight of the weekend- Atletico Madrid v Barcelona.

Espanyol's draw with Real on saturday meant Barca were champions and the thousands of Barca fans all around the stadium were in party mood.

The game wasn't great, but Falcao scored, Iniesta played, Messi played for a bit and Barca ran out 2-1 winners so I was happy.

Typically for spanish games, the atmosphere was sensational, with Atletico's ultras providing fantastic displays and noise throughout.

The attendance was approx 49,000 in the 54,000 seater but I couldn't see 5,000 empty seats during the game!

The game finished at approx 8.50pm but we were still in the stadium at 9.15pm watching atletico's fans chant, dance and wave their flags. Mental stuff!

Diego Simeone got rather angry when Barca turned it round, leaving his note book like this...

AlexSXI

15th May 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loved it!

If anyone wants anymore info about tickets etc just ask!

Feel free to add your footie trip stories etc
Nath

15th May 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quality
Marc

15th May 13 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff.
Ben J

15th May 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS footy trip needed.
Nath

15th May 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely.

My sisters fiancée wants to do Munich for his stag do. All over that!
Ben J

15th May 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which cunt is going to organise it??
AlexSXI

15th May 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be up for it!

Just a side note,

I noticed something during the tour of the Bernabeu that got me thinking-

In the home dressing room, Iker Casillas's No.1 seat/locker is in the far left corner on the back wall, furthest away from Mourinho's office.

Jose has to walk directly past Diego Lopez's seat/locker (his current No.1) to get from his office in the front near corner to the door to the tunnel in the front middle.

Obviously I am not suggesting this is why JM has been picking Lopez, but it made me think about the lack of contact between JM and Casillas following their well-publicised fall out, and the likelyhood its been made easier for JM to supposidly ignore Casillas due to the layout of the dressing room.

Pretty random thoughts, but I quite like the mind games / mental stuff that goes with Mourinho so study his ways quite often
Hammer

15th May 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

16th May 13 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be up for it
Jamie Walby

16th May 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Definitely.

My sisters fiancée wants to do Munich for his stag do. All over that!

Munich is the tits. Any place where the barmen and waiters take the piss out of you for ordering anything other than a huge 2 pint of beer a time is right in my books.
Jamie Walby

16th May 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the beer like in Madrid?
AlexSXI

16th May 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
What was the beer like in Madrid?

Very reasonable, Mahou, San Miguel, Heineken etc all for 3.50-4 euros a pint, which works out to pretty much the same as I pay for a pint in Colchester, £2.90-£3.30 but its much cheaper than beer in London!
Jamie Walby

16th May 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The answer I was looking for was 'plentiful'
AlexSXI

16th May 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
The answer I was looking for was 'plentiful'

Plentiful Hundreds, probably thousands of cafes, restaurants and all serve alcohol.

Quite suprised by the Spanish drinking culture, they drink alot, not in Binges like here but, regularly 2 or 3 drinks with each meal
Ben J

16th May 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Which cunt is going to organise it??
Jamie Walby

16th May 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to hear beer stories? Smash any fat slags? any BRIs (beer related injuries)

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Football Weekend Away- MADRID (Few Pics) 24 database queries in 0.0141401 seconds