corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you can stand going into an Aldi...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you can stand going into an Aldi...
Ben G

User status: Offline
19th May 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is your problem? i had an issue and decided to shop elsewhere. i'm happy to pay a premium to get decent service.

if you like shopping in aldi, then go for it, but you won't catch me in there again.

also, i understand about till speeds, and can relate it to my job, as i work on a production line.

BUT, then 1 difference is that if theres an issue, i'll stop the line as quality is 2nd in priority after safety. quality doesn't seem to integrate into the aldi way of thinking.

[Edited on 19-05-2013 by Ben G]
RichR
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't give a flying fuck where you shop Ben, that's the great thing about freedom of choice but one bad experience barely counts towards damning a whole company. I know for a fact quality of service at Aldi is at the height of the agenda along with efficiency. They use secret shoppers in every store several times a week; If the shopper isn't greeted with specific 'hello', 'how are you today?' And 'goodbye/have a pleasant day', then there are quite serious repercussions-obviously you can catch a new starter or someone in a strop but its dealt with quite harshly. Furthermore, you stopping a production line because of failure or quality of a part isn't really the same; you're producing the product-in a supermarket's case, they're selling a product which will have already been through quality checks; they're no going to stop a queue in the same way as you might stop a production line so that's a bit of a silly sentiment.

I couldn't really care less about where you shop but you seem to have a misguided view of these matters which I'm happy to correct...
Ben G

19th May 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you send a secret shopper into the grays, essex Aldi please as i can assure you out of the 20 times (approx) i shopped there, not once did i receive a greeting/goodbye anything like you've described.

a few times, maybe you can forgive them for having a bad day, but everytime i had to actually say hello to them to receive one back, so i don't believe in the slightest that there are 'serious repercussions'.
Corsa_Sport21

19th May 13 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you had 1 bad experience after shopping in Aldi about 20 times previous, so have decided not to go back.

When she broke your eggs, did you just ignore it at the time, then go home and start waving your arms shouting like a mad man infront of no1.
Ben G

19th May 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i told her, and went and got some more myself.

why is that so hard to understand?
Corsa_Sport21

19th May 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, so in the end, no harm done and you left with some un-broken eggs.

Not sure why that would stop you going back, especially if you had shopped there 20 times previous with no problems.
Ben G

19th May 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aisles are too small also, approx 2/3rd's the size of other supermarkets. not sure how your particular one is, as i've been in one in glasgow city centre and it was fine.

obviously this isn't a problem if it's empty, but at busy time's its difficult to navigate around the shop.

only 3 checkouts also.
Corsa_Sport21

19th May 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't venture into Aldi much, normally Lidl as its much closer and only go in for specific things.

That shop is a nightmare, has about 6 checkouts, but only 1 is open. They will open another if there's a que with about 10 folk in it. Normally in the que for longer than what it takes to collect a trolley full of stuff. Then when you get to the checkout you need to fire your shopping in the trolley then pack it over on the bench. Dosn't bother me enough to not go though.
mwg

20th May 13 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can just imagine Ben getting angry in Aldi
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow thread derailed like Potters bar
pow
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wanted to spread the word about the cheap stereo :-(
JordyCarter

20th May 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad uses aldi for computers etc. Always scared though that there shite HU's after my cheapo ebay broke before
Nath

20th May 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
wow thread derailed like Potters bar

Hell of a thread
jr

20th May 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
can you send a secret shopper into the grays, essex Aldi please as i can assure you out of the 20 times (approx) i shopped there, not once did i receive a greeting/goodbye anything like you've described.

a few times, maybe you can forgive them for having a bad day, but everytime i had to actually say hello to them to receive one back, so i don't believe in the slightest that there are 'serious repercussions'.

Ben for someone who talking to people on the phone is a scary event i cant belive the staffs random ability to make trivial converstation was a show stopper for you

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by jr]
Hammer

20th May 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell, I never knew Aldi meant so much to people
mwg

20th May 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a ratchet and bungee pack from Aldi the other day
WukaChop

20th May 13 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Fucking hell, I never knew Aldi meant so much to people

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have an argument over Aldi
Ben G

21st May 13 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

Ben for someone who talking to people on the phone is a scary event i cant belive the staffs random ability to make trivial converstation was a show stopper for you

[Edited on 20-05-2013 by jr]

The fuck are you on about?
spencer88

21st May 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to Aldi for the first time yesterday.

Got the same small shop I do in Morrisons, about £15 worth, for £11.

All bar one item was the same brand.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you can stand going into an Aldi... 23 database queries in 0.0150890 seconds