corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my ring vid - 8:46 BTG corsa b on thorttole bodies

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my ring vid - 8:46 BTG corsa b on thorttole bodies
birchieboy

User status: Offline
21st May 13 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Great time and you can see there's plenty left in reserve if you ever wanted to go quicker, not to mention a couple of hold ups, sounds the tits

Yeah there's a few corners where I go to lift off and then think 'no! That corner should be taken flat out!" But I suppose its better to lean on the side of caution with the ring. Would rather loose 5 seconds on my time than 500quid or more out my pocket lol
birchieboy

21st May 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
quote:
Originally posted by birchieboy
Thanks for all the comments

Kieran; if its your first time you will love it! So long as the weathers good.... No one likes the rain

Yea hopefully weather is nice. Is there any nightlife about that area? Lol

Errrmmm.... Not really much in terms of nightlife.... Although there is a little place in adenu called the 'red cherry' you can come to your own conclusion of what goes on there lol but if you've got a good group you find that the evenings are spent just having a laugh, some banter and exploring the area etc never lost for something to do
Kieran
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok cool. Well there's 15 of us so should be alright anyways
Graham88

21st May 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Great time and you can see there's plenty left in reserve if you ever wanted to go quicker, not to mention a couple of hold ups, sounds the tits

Yeah there's a few corners where I go to lift off and then think 'no! That corner should be taken flat out!" But I suppose its better to lean on the side of caution with the ring. Would rather loose 5 seconds on my time than 500quid or more out my pocket lol

That's my thinking too, I've paid for it once already
birchieboy

21st May 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

That's my thinking too, I've paid for it once already

Haha so I've heard!! Was in the mazda wasn't it? How much did they sting you for if you don't mind me asking?

Saw a porka come off and slap the barrier while we were watching. He drove round the next corner, but the marshalls brought him back and made him point out where he had hit so they could itemise his bill lol
Graham88

21st May 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Haha so I've heard!! Was in the mazda wasn't it? How much did they sting you for if you don't mind me asking?

Saw a porka come off and slap the barrier while we were watching. He drove round the next corner, but the marshalls brought him back and made him point out where he had hit so they could itemise his bill lol

Yeah £2700 of her finest English! Plus €180 recovery. Expensive trip lol

One happened at Easter this year he blew his car up, 4 cars crashed and he got stung for their barrier & crash costs, ouch!
birchieboy

22nd May 13 at 04:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yeah £2700 of her finest English! Plus €180 recovery. Expensive trip lol

One happened at Easter this year he blew his car up, 4 cars crashed and he got stung for their barrier & crash costs, ouch!

What was the 2700 actually for? Hereing stories like that does scare you..... But I love the place so much lol
Daimo B

22nd May 13 at 05:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good video that, sounds nice with the induction roar.

Soooo crying out for a close ratio box. Used to hate putting it in 5th in my XE.

Quaife 6 speed kit for F20 or all out fancy box looming? With that power it would make it so much better.
birchieboy

22nd May 13 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Good video that, sounds nice with the induction roar.

Soooo crying out for a close ratio box. Used to hate putting it in 5th in my XE.

Quaife 6 speed kit for F20 or all out fancy box looming? With that power it would make it so much better.

I totally agree! 5th is great for the motorway, but on track its no hope! Could be a lot faster with a cr box. Only tyhing that's stopping me is the money
Graham88

22nd May 13 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What was the 2700 actually for? Hereing stories like that does scare you..... But I love the place so much lol

42 metres of barrier, 7 posts, pulling it out,taking out old stuff, delivering new stuff, staff costs, sending a car out to the crash, admin fees lol. I love the place all it did was give me so much more respect for it, I couldn't wait to go back the next year once my car was repaired and I still love it just as much now
Daimo B

22nd May 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I totally agree! 5th is great for the motorway, but on track its no hope! Could be a lot faster with a cr box. Only tyhing that's stopping me is the money

I guess you should look it as; how much money have I stuck into the engine and car shell (moreso engine). Gearbox is just a pricey item in one go, rather than in bits. Appreciate its not bloody cheap though.
Edges 58

22nd May 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a project thread for te corsa?? Looks to be set up really well!
birchieboy

22nd May 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

42 metres of barrier, 7 posts, pulling it out,taking out old stuff, delivering new stuff, staff costs, sending a car out to the crash, admin fees lol. I love the place all it did was give me so much more respect for it, I couldn't wait to go back the next year once my car was repaired and I still love it just as much now

I don't work in metres, but it sound a lot! Lol do you find it abit more hairy now in the rwd M3? Definatly a place to keep the traction turned on with all the sudden dips/creasts
rossnomore

22nd May 13 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted. Misleading thread title
Steve
Premium Member

22nd May 13 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't work in metres, but it sound a lot! Lol do you find it abit more hairy now in the rwd M3? Definatly a place to keep the traction turned on with all the sudden dips/creasts

bear in mind the armco is in place 3 storeys high, therefore one meter of that counts as 3
and yeah you would be lucky to have an off on the ring and come off with a 500eu bill lol, its 800eu just to get recovered!

Add a '0' and you might be close lol

[Edited on 22-05-2013 by Steve]
birchieboy

22nd May 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:

I guess you should look it as; how much money have I stuck into the engine and car shell (moreso engine). Gearbox is just a pricey item in one go, rather than in bits. Appreciate its not bloody cheap though.

Yeah its true, what's another 1500-2000 on what I've spent already lol its just easier to do it in little bits rather then weight out that money in a lump sum. I always look at it as I could do 3-4 trips to the ring with that money, or about 6-8 trackdays. Would prefer to use the car on track more really and further improve my driving. I think ill end up getting one in time, but just keep looking for a second hand box
birchieboy

22nd May 13 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
Do you have a project thread for te corsa?? Looks to be set up really well!

I don't, I always forget to take pictures whilst I'm working away lol
Edges 58

22nd May 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to see an entire spec list for it, including alignment settings and what not.. Start a thread
birchieboy

22nd May 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
Would love to see an entire spec list for it, including alignment settings and what not.. Start a thread

Ill try and get one tgeather in the next few weeks. I've been meaning to do one anyway as I'm doing my first race at brands GP in july. If it all goes wrong (touch wood it doesn't) then ill have something to look back on lol
Daimo B

23rd May 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah its true, what's another 1500-2000 on what I've spent already lol its just easier to do it in little bits rather then weight out that money in a lump sum. I always look at it as I could do 3-4 trips to the ring with that money, or about 6-8 trackdays. Would prefer to use the car on track more really and further improve my driving. I think ill end up getting one in time, but just keep looking for a second hand box

Whats the rev limit at out of interest?

Not that many circuits in the UK you'd need 5th, Silverstone and Snetterton maybe? So yeah its a lot of money for not huge gains, but it keeps it in the powerband.

But its an awful lot of dosh to spend on one item.
Graham88

24th May 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Na prefer it...run with TC off as it cuts in too much when taking kerbs. Bmw is better in every way compared to the MPS. The only time it's scary is when you glance down a the speedo and realise just how fast you're going, other than that the car is made for the Ring
Graham88

24th May 13 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Spot on quote, and exactly the stage I'm at with mine. Doesn't need money spending on it except for maintenance I just need to learn to drive what I've got better

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my ring vid - 8:46 BTG corsa b on thorttole bodies 23 database queries in 0.0125558 seconds