corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who was it that worked in Insurance?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who was it that worked in Insurance?
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Jun 13 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason I ask, is I had an accident last Saturday. Old woman ran in to the back of me at a junction and has accepted all liability. My insurance organised a hire car for me whilst my car was sorted out, stating that it would all be paid for by the other side. They sent an inspector out who said my car was a write off. My insurance offered me an amount that I've rejected. I received a letter from the old woman's insurance (RSA Motability) which states that they were sending me out a cheque for £900 as that's what my car is worth. And to cash it even if I'm not happy with it, and they'll negotiate with me. And that as of Saturday (14th) they are refusing to pay any more for the hire car.

Just looking for advise really. My maw just gave my mrs the letter today and I didn't get it til 8pm (when my insurer shut ). Is this standard nonsense to try and get you to take less to maximise their profits? I have absolutely no intentions of cashing this cheque, whenever it arrives. Best bet to call my insurance and let them deal with it?
Toby
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your insurance company wont be interested as long as there costs are covered.

Bank the cheque and negotiate with them. I was worried about banking the cheque as acceptance of the sum offered but it didnt work like that. They will screw you over market value, do your research on comparable models and present it t them when negotiating.

The hire car is right as in their eyes they have settled the claim.

If your still get no where as for their complaints procedure and then go to the financial ombudsman if need be.

You can win with them, i got anothr £1000 from admiral and in the end they gave more more than i paid for the car with facts and figures in front of the, (£60 albeit). My brother managed to get an additional £1175 out of them above the first offer (35% increase)
pow
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got an extra £500 out of Aviva when I claimed when I wrote a car off, told them I wasn't happy with the value and they came back with another one a week later.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing I'm unsure of is why my insurance have made me an offer, then the woman's insurance come in with their own one. Why do I pay insurance when the fuckers haven't dealt with a single bit of it I think I'll phone the wifey's insurance and say I don't want to bank the cheque as it's way short of value and see what they say.
taylorboosh

17th Jun 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think its worth
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A damn sight more than £900
Ben G

17th Jun 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i'm aware, once the car is declared a total loss, if you have no hire car add-on, on your insurance policy, then they are entitled to stop paying for the hire car, which is what they've done.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 03:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car?

yellow civic?
LeeM

18th Jun 13 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youre entitled to hire for 7 days from recieving your cheque. if youre not happy with this offer and subsequently receive more money then youre entitled to the hire for the negotiation period.
who's hired you the car? what amount have they offered you?
pow
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're gunna end up paying for that hire car in your next premium!
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without having access to the paperwork just now, I'm pretty sure it's a company called helphire that's given me the car. My insurer is esure broker who then passed me on to ageas insurance. Load of bollocks tbh! My own insurer offered me 1100 which has also been turned down. I understand insurers tend to offer a fair trade value or something which is usually, as Toby said, about 30% less?
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the insurance companies I deal with through work. (Bodyshop)

From when you are offered the first amount you are then liable to pay for the courtesy car unless you have cover for otherwise.

Has your car gone to a bodyshop for a quote? If the car is from them they will be chasing it up no doubt.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apologies, Mrs has just text saying it's a fleet services car I've got just noo.
pow
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way insurance companies deal with claims these days is a load of bollocks. With the amount they charge they should be made to do them inhouse, no external companies and no selling of details after such event.
LeeM

18th Jun 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to prove your car is worth more, send some autotrader ads to them. local ones. they wont accept ebay.
valuation will be based on glass's guide. if you end up getting more based on your evidence then you're entitled to the hire. you should cash the cheque though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Who was it that worked in Insurance? 23 database queries in 0.0159791 seconds