corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lights
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jul 13 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

I'm having some real strange issues at work in my office with the lights, I have no idea what the problem is but I find myself being really drained of energy and feeling completely fucked so I tend to work with the lights off.

I've tried to speak to someone at work about it but they are clueless, is there a certain type of light bulb/strip that should be used in a office when always on the computer?

Cheers
Balling
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I reading this right, turning the lights on makes you tired?

Perhaps Off Day's a better place for this?

Either way it sounds proper strange. No one else is affected?

What type of lights do you have?

Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vampireism
John

5th Jul 13 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see just about all fluorescents flickering, including the ones in work.

Wouldn't work in the dark though.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same i thought my eyes are fucked
baza31

5th Jul 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i am aware its down to the diffuser . Different diffusers for different applications . I know when we used to install lighting in schools etc computer rooms always had different fittings . Wear your sunglasses
Balling
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Unless they're broken I believe most fluorescents flicker at about 100-120Hz, which some people are sensitive to, but I can't see how it would be visible in any way?

Welly Wanger

5th Jul 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bulbs grow in the garden, but yes poor lighting or ventilation can have an effect on you. LED lighting panels are the way forward and will save the company money in the long run. I've been installing these for a couple of years now http://www.directtradesupplies.co.uk/lighting-products/led-lighting/600mm-x-600mm-45-watt-led-panel-3200-lumens-cool-white-4000k.html?gclid=CL7ppOCEmLgCFSXHtAodykEA4A
Balling
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welly Wanger
poor lighting or ventilation can have an effect on you.
Would you say it's more or less hazardous than the 2012 dooms day?

John

5th Jul 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Unless they're broken I believe most fluorescents flicker at about 100-120Hz, which some people are sensitive to, but I can't see how it would be visible in any way?

I've never read into it before but this prompted me too. Looks like the 120Hz is imperceptible but other effects of the lighting cause it to look like flickering.
Welly Wanger

5th Jul 13 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look what happened to T-rex and his chums, poor lighting and bad ventilation and they were out roaming the land.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've never read into it before but this prompted me too. Looks like the 120Hz is imperceptible but other effects of the lighting cause it to look like flickering.
Yeah, I've never given it much thought either, but indeed it appears that people sensitive to fluorescents will perceive it as flickering.

Interesting read on the subject here:
http://www.scn.org/autistics/fluorescents.html

Sounds like this could very well be Willay's issue.

John

5th Jul 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the first thing I read, basically Willay is autistic, I probably am anyway.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im deffo autistic
3CorsaMeal

5th Jul 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the start of Motor neuron disease i'm afraid.

Would use this time to find a comfy wheelchair and talking interface.

Good luck mate.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all seriousness its entirely plausible that sitting in unnatural light can make you tired, however sitting in darkness shouldnt really alter this, you should feel as tired doing both.

Your brain releases chemicals in natural light that doesnt happen in fake light, You can get daylight bulbs to fix this however I doubt your work will do this, you can get daylight desk lamps though which may help
Nismo

5th Jul 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strobe lights are the idea office lights.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is I'm telling work that I feel all fucked up/autistic in my office but no where else in the building. I can't concentrate on stuff I'm suppose to be doing.

One of my walls is a large window which lets in some natural light depending on the day, but it also has some film on it so everything looks dark.

halpp

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lights 24 database queries in 0.0121112 seconds