corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Machine Polishing (EP-801, BMW Content)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Machine Polishing (EP-801, BMW Content)
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
11th Jul 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got myself a 330D:

Pretty pleased with it, needs a few bits tidied up to make it perfect.

Main issue is swirls - Car is full of them. Doubt hand polishing will do it, but will get the SRP out this weekend and try.

Looking at machine polishers, namely a DA kit. Don't fancy a rotary.

Was considering this kit:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-dual-action-polisher/das-6-dual-action-polisher-sonus-and-menzerna-kit/prod_525.html

Not to spend too much as I'll likely only use it once!

Anyone got a polisher they would like shot of?

[Edited on 11-07-2013 by ChrisBoom]
Ian W

11th Jul 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a DAS6.

IMO it's not going to give a great impact on a BMW, it did nothing on my Audi or my bothers BMW but worked awesome on my other brothers Corsa and on my Corsa.

Used a rotary on my TT in the end and was so much easier and quicker.
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have that polisher too. If it's not having a desired impact, change pads and compound... there's always a stronger combo!

It cleaned my Scoob up a treat on a finishing pad and light polish, tbf though the car was already pretty swirl-less.

I'll be doing a Clio soon which is swirled to fuck, so will be stepping up both pads and compound for that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

11th Jul 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have same kit too, with those polishes, if its anything like corrado paint, you will be there for ages.

i prefer the little and often technique.
Ian W

11th Jul 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I have that polisher too. If it's not having a desired impact, change pads and compound... there's always a stronger combo!

It cleaned my Scoob up a treat on a finishing pad and light polish, tbf though the car was already pretty swirl-less.

I'll be doing a Clio soon which is swirled to fuck, so will be stepping up both pads and compound for that.

Yeah, a different pad / polish combo probably would of worked but I lost interest in it, just takes forever and day with a DA.

Rich H

11th Jul 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the meguiars mf kit and a DAS 6 Pro or G220 and you'll get pretty decent results on a BMW even as a noobie.

Only the MF kit is much cop - DA's don't have enough bite with any other pads / polishes.
ChrisBoom

11th Jul 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone used their own-brand rotary?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/cleanyoucar-ep801-compact-rotary-polisher/ep801-rotary-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_875.html

Suppose I'd just have to be gentle haha
Simon_16v

11th Jul 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Isn't that bad
ChrisBoom

11th Jul 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No-one used the EP801 then?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Machine Polishing (EP-801, BMW Content) 24 database queries in 0.0108590 seconds