corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How far would £1,000,000 get you?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How far would £1,000,000 get you?
SVM 286

User status: Offline
28th Jul 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
From the lottery talk in the office, we're discussing £1,000,000.

There's a few in the office that say it won't be life changing, but i'd spend £250k on a house, £100k on two cars, then i'd still have £650k to live off!

How can people say it won't be life changing?

It'd certainly be life changing for me K2.

I'd buy a couple of one or two bedroom flats as near to local mainline railway stations as possible and rent them out indefinitely through an agent and live off of that and the interest on the remainder of the million.

I'd never have to work again.
Hammer

28th Jul 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting that no one would really be interested in going back to study, think that's something I would definitely do although second time round I would be picking something that interests me rather than something you are conventionally supposed to because you can make money by doing it.
Dave

28th Jul 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You'd probably be able to cut your outgoings though.

To an extent yes, assuming we are talking mortgage, finance payments etc. Although that's going to take a fair chunk off your £1m which is then obviously going to reduce how much you get in interest. That's why I think buying some cheapish property is a good idea, you live off the rental income and can still sell them should you get low on cash. 3x£100k houses should earn you around £1200-1500 pm.
RichR
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 06:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you could gross £1200-1500, you won't take that home. Running costs, constant repairs remembering tenants in £100k houses tend not to look after them particularly well, tax on the income and any bills that you pay (for example, I pay the water rates and broadband as an incentive to get tenants) and all in all, you'll be lucky to be getting 35% of the above
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As well as what I said earlier I'd buy a large wood/small forest & a few fields preferably next to the house I bought so I could have a few cows, sheep, pigs etc. but more of a hobby/rare breeds small holding rather than anything serious that's going to take all my time up. And could still do a bit of logging too.
M2RTY

29th Jul 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buying BTL properties outright is daft due to tax

Rather buy 10 places with 25% in each rather than 4 outright
JordyCarter

29th Jul 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know the ins and outs but id probably get into property and speak to some sort of financial advisor. Fuck working after winning a mil lol
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you could afford to live as you currently are doing you could stick it in a high interest account and take a lump sum every 5 years or so
LeeM

29th Jul 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Interesting that no one would really be interested in going back to study, think that's something I would definitely do although second time round I would be picking something that interests me rather than something you are conventionally supposed to because you can make money by doing it.

i'd stay at uni, definitely wouldnt quit.
Hammer

29th Jul 13 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would be the Don of the Student Halls, dripping with vagina.
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are already a dripping vagina imo

Hammer

29th Jul 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting, I was just thinking you reminded me of a moist gusset.
LeeM

29th Jul 13 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You would be the Don of the Student Halls, dripping with vagina.

not in halls anymore, i live in a luxury apartment now
Robbo_Corsa

29th Jul 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blow it all.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

on the job learning/ training is the best way for most things, sure you wouldnt be too arsed about being a doctor/lawyer or vet.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How far would £1,000,000 get you? 24 database queries in 0.0115099 seconds