corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legalities of a DIY bike rack... and selling them!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Legalities of a DIY bike rack... and selling them!
AlexW

User status: Offline
14th Aug 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Got any source for that Alex?

Just search for towbar laws for UK cars pre 1998. It will all come under the same stuff. I don't specifcally know anywhere its written, as I fit towbars so I know all about it and have no need to read it all lol

Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 13 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not applicable to towing though?

Fact he's using a strong part of the van doesn't mean it then needs type approval because its acting like a tow bar - it won't be.
Nic Barnes

14th Aug 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at info for a couple of bike carriers and can't find any safety info on them.
SXIBrad

15th Aug 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call in at a police station and challenge them to answer your question? They are the only people who will be giving you a slap on the wrist if you do it, so if they say its okay, its okay!
Neo

15th Aug 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until one falls off, bounces down the road causing a crash, for it to be investigated and find the product wasn't suitable. Sure it'll be fine though, when Pow has the police knocking on his do he can just say PC Steve down the local nick said it'd be fine.

Seriously though I'd imagine as you're selling it, as said already just mark as not for road use.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Legalities of a DIY bike rack... and selling them! 23 database queries in 0.0110970 seconds