corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » TV brackets

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TV brackets
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 13 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Pigtails are ok, I'd be fairly confident of them holding a TV, especially if you can get 4/6 in. I certainly wouldn't put my faith in plastic plugs in to plasterboard though.

The ones Pow posted are the best I've used for heavy stuff, you don't even need the setting tool anymore, they just mushroom out as you drive the screw. Spring toggles work well too but you only get one shot with them.

Gave up with spring toggles, there are a few of them knocking around in ceiling voids and studded walls where I've pushed them through
John

18th Aug 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Pow is correct, John is wrong.

I'm not wrong when I've got stuff held up with what I'm saying.

Whether you want to do it or trust it is another matter. I'm actually doing it though and not talking about it.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate and I always used to do the hang test on it. If it can take your weight it can take a TV's weight. As we were doing it in schools we used to air on the side of caution.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Pow is correct, John is wrong.

I'm not wrong when I've got stuff held up with what I'm saying.

Whether you want to do it or trust it is another matter. I'm actually doing it though and not talking about it.

John

18th Aug 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes agree with that, in a public setting I wouldn't be leaving anything to chance.
baza31

19th Aug 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
My mate and I always used to do the hang test on it. If it can take your weight it can take a TV's weight. As we were doing it in schools we used to air on the side of caution.

be a bit hard to balance on a screw

John . Using a red/brown plug in plasterboard is asking for it . Whether its working currently or not its still wrong and a bodge job .

sikaflex is what you require
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
sikaflex is what you require

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll