corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best Sim-Only Tariffs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best Sim-Only Tariffs
James

User status: Offline
5th Sep 13 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at changing providers. I'm currently with O2 and pay £20 per month for unlimited calls, texts and 1GB data.

I used to have O2 broadband so I got a £5 per month discount, but now I'm with BT broadband there's no need for me to stay with O2.

I've found a deal with Virgin Media. £15 a month for unlimited everything (calls, texts, data):

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

Surely this is a ridiculously good deal?
Dom

5th Sep 13 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Virgin 'Unlimited Data' FUP is set at 3.5GB, after that they throttle your connection to 384kbit/s down, 200kbit/s up.

If you need more data then it might be worth looking at Three (plenty of threads regarding throttling) or GiffGaff (few reports of throttling but personally haven't noticed any, even after download 10GB+).
James

5th Sep 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.5GB should be plenty. Last week was the first time that O2 warned me I'm close to using my 1GB allowance, so 3.5GB should be more than enough.
A2H GO

5th Sep 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with GiffGaff years, their 3G speeds in Manchester are shocking though (0.5mb today).

Tried 3 for about 4 months and whilst the speeds were much better (think I got up to 20mb on 3G in Manchester) the coverage was shocking (for both internet and normal phone signal).

New Poll