corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.5 v6 corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.5 v6 corsa b
nathanm91

User status: Offline
6th Sep 13 at 05:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys, iv been offered a corsa b 2.5 v6 iv been doing alot of searchin and found out a fair bit about them but 1 thing i cant seem to find is wat top spead ill be expecting, how quickly it'll do a 1/4 mile in and how quick it'll get to 60mph. just wonderring if anyone on here will have any clues? also if anyone can let me know what to look out for problem wise incase all my bases aint covered lol the car is currently being converted as we speak so ill be gettiing it when the engines not long been in the car so cant see many faults to begin with.
thanks iv advance
spencer88

6th Sep 13 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do the quarter mile in about 11 seconds, apparently.
gazza808

6th Sep 13 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top speed entirely depends one the gearbox used.

quarter mile will not be in the 11's.
depending on the amount of stripage very high 12's-14's.

obviously your driving is the main factor.
Al1exx

6th Sep 13 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 2.5 V6 in a Nova hatch and didn't find it that much quicker than the 2.0L I had in a 2 door saloon, I think the extra power was partly cancelled out by the extra weight...
Jed D

6th Sep 13 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old corsa with a 2.5 did the 1/4 mile in 12.9. 0-60 in 4.2, and 60ft's in 1.8 but it weighed less than a small potato at the rear, had r888's with about 8psi and ran an f20 box with a few other little tweaks

and id disagree with the weight comment if its used for drag racing, no reason why they wont laugh at a c.let let alone a xe, the weight over the front means for brilliant traction. hence why the 60ft's are so good
Jed D

6th Sep 13 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Will do the quarter mile in about 11 seconds, apparently.

also, who's done 11's on a V6 without gas??
Jed D

6th Sep 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the fastest 'off gas' is probably jure spindler's with around 11 or 11.1 iirc, but thats far from a stock 3l with custom inlet, stand alone management and a shitload of serious work

Al1exx

6th Sep 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
my old corsa with a 2.5 did the 1/4 mile in 12.9. 0-60 in 4.2, and 60ft's in 1.8 but it weighed less than a small potato at the rear, had r888's with about 8psi and ran an f20 box with a few other little tweaks

and id disagree with the weight comment if its used for drag racing, no reason why they wont laugh at a c.let let alone a xe, the weight over the front means for brilliant traction. hence why the 60ft's are so good

Weight comment was based on using both cars round the doors, up and down motorways etc. I can't vouch for the condition of either car as I didn't own either of them that long. Traction was never a problem in the V6 from memory mind you....

I didn't rate what looked like the extra effort of the 2.5 conversion over the 2.0 litre at the time, but sounds like it could be made into quite a weapon, and the comments when you opened the bonnet.... "how'd that get in there?!?" lol

[Edited on 06-09-2013 by Al1exx]
SVM 286

6th Sep 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be more concerned with how it drove, rather than max speed and acceleration times.

That's where the enjoyment lays.
nathanm91

6th Sep 13 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Al1exx
I had a 2.5 V6 in a Nova hatch and didn't find it that much quicker than the 2.0L I had in a 2 door saloon, I think the extra power was partly cancelled out by the extra weight...

did u sell the engine out of urs by any chance? the engine came out of a nova hatch im in the angus area and thts were its bein built :/

as for the 11's i did see a video on youtube a corsa v6 doin 11's not sure if it was standard or not mind you.

its got a f18 box with lightened flywheel and clutch new steering rack ect ect
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

6th Sep 13 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

what all was done to the engine to get a 0-60 of 4.2 seconds?
Luckyb's old corsa was a throttle bodied 2.0 16v with 250bhp and it was daytron timed at 4.9 seconds to 60 with road legal slicks and a quaiffe Differential and a rev limit of 9000rpm. you must have had a fair bit of work done to achieve a quicker 0-60 than that
bigron1988

6th Sep 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
quote:

Luckyb's old corsa was a throttle bodied 2.0 16v with 250bhp and it was daytron timed at 4.9 seconds to 60 with road legal slicks and a quaiffe Differential and a rev limit of 9000rpm. you must have had a fair bit of work done to achieve a quicker 0-60 than that

it was timed at york race way , enough said
nathanm91

6th Sep 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i thought 4.2 secs was a bit of an extreme time aswel, tht thing must me tuned like a rocket ship if u can prove tht its gettin to tht speed in such a rapid time haha
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

7th Sep 13 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember getting a short blast of this thing and it brought a huge smile to my face

Jambo

7th Sep 13 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
I'd be more concerned with how it drove, rather than max speed and acceleration times.

That's where the enjoyment lays.

Sadly this is lost on most Jim.
Jed D

7th Sep 13 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

not a great deal tbh, 3l lower divider, g cams on the inlets, fse adjustable, c20xe ttv fly, basic things like that

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
quote:

it was timed at york race way , enough said

yeah then practically the same times achieved at pod, but even when proved wrong, some people are still right
Ronson

7th Sep 13 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm91
ye i thought 4.2 secs was a bit of an extreme time aswel, tht thing must me tuned like a rocket ship if u can prove tht its gettin to tht speed in such a rapid time haha

Your knowledge on cars is obviously extremely limited.

You cant even spell speed right never mind achieve it lol

Stoneyginger/Bigron a lad I know spent about £25K on a Nova with a throttle bodied XE which made 260BHP and weighed fuck all, fibreglass wings/doors/boot lid, polycarb windows, cut loads of unnecessary weight out quaiffe diff and also had a rev limit of 9000rpm (I think it revved more but the cams power cut out at 9000rpm) never ran a decent time.

Moral of the story is, don't waste money on an XE as they're shit.
Ronson

7th Sep 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LET's aren't much better either, I hear they blow up a lot.
Jed D

7th Sep 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooOOO i can sense some banning going down

bigron1988

7th Sep 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Santa pod don't time the 0-60 and that's the time I'm saying I don't believe to be true
Al1exx

7th Sep 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm91
quote:
Originally posted by Al1exx

did u sell the engine out of urs by any chance? the engine came out of a nova hatch im in the angus area and thts were its bein built :/

as for the 11's i did see a video on youtube a corsa v6 doin 11's not sure if it was standard or not mind you.

its got a f18 box with lightened flywheel and clutch new steering rack ect ect

No I sold the entire car on complete to my brother who sold it to a boy down in England. Last I heard of both of them was, the 2L Saloon is in Ireland now, and the V6 expired

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.5 v6 corsa b 23 database queries in 0.0169780 seconds