corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » CD Player fuse keeps blowing.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CD Player fuse keeps blowing.
LukesCorsaSXi

User status: Offline
15th May 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sup guys,

if I turn my CD player to around volume 25 the fuse will blow. I do have a sub and amp and at volume 25 the bass is pretty crazy. I can keep the volume at around 20 and its fine, but still need to know why the fuse blows at volume 25?

I never had this problem in my B, it's only started happening when I installed my amp and sub into my C. I wouldn't be as worried if the fuse just took the CD player out, but it stops my electric windows and mirrors working too.

I managed to blow 2 5amp fuses yesterday alone. I have put a 7.5 amp fuse in the for the time being and keeping the volume low so I can just hear it. This 7.5 amp fuse will be replaced ASAP. Don't wanna risk running over 5amps and taking the electric motors in the mirrors and windows out.

Anyone got any ideas on what I could do to fix this?

Cheers.

[Edited on 23-09-2013 by LukesCorsaSXi]
3CorsaMeal

15th May 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found in situations like this it can be a wire near to a speaker shorting out and the extra volume is causing the wire to move.
LukesCorsaSXi

15th May 13 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I've found in situations like this it can be a wire near to a speaker shorting out and the extra volume is causing the wire to move.

All wires are wrapped in loom tape. Right from the sub to the headunit and the main cable to the battery.
corsa-torque

15th May 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Double check your earth Luke, had the same issue on my old Clio, moved the earth cable and all was fine
LukesCorsaSXi

15th May 13 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
Double check your earth Luke, had the same issue on my old Clio, moved the earth cable and all was fine

Right, will double check where I earthed in when I get in, such a pain trying to find somewhere to earth it on a C though! Can't just stick it on the bolt under the cover for the rear lights because there isn't one!
XE Col
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use the rear seat belt mounting bolts?
May have been the rear seat bolt actually?!

[Edited on 16-05-2013 by XE Col]
pow
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always use the seatbelt mounting bolt, never had an amp cutting out problem
csifku

17th May 13 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C r crap, i told u keep ur BB )))
LukesCorsaSXi

17th May 13 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hadn't had a chance to look at this yet. Will have a look at said seatbelt mounting bolt and see if that's more suitable. Cheers guys!

And Ivo - race me?
csifku

17th May 13 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
Hadn't had a chance to look at this yet. Will have a look at said seatbelt mounting bolt and see if that's more suitable. Cheers guys!

And Ivo - race me?

maybe i can borrow mate's helmet and i will
LukesCorsaSXi

17th May 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

maybe i can borrow mate's helmet and i will

LukesCorsaSXi

1st Sep 13 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still doing this
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Sep 13 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this:

Taped up the wires and I thought it fixed it. But it blew again yesterday. Proper confused...
csifku

24th Sep 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u was about, i would help u but cant help without sein it :/ pictures aint enough good ..
gary2097

24th Sep 13 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason ur fuse is blowing is because there is obviously an issue with wiring or an earth somewhere. Installing a bigger fuse will lead to the wires melting as in ur pic as a bigger fuse won't cut out in time. A small fuse is there for a reason, check back through your wiring again mate

New Poll