corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Things to do at the Lake District

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Things to do at the Lake District
Christopher

User status: Offline
26th Sep 13 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to lake Windermere today for a few days and had a quick look online and found mountain biking and a similar go ape thing and obviously there's the views to be seen but if anyone has maybe eaten somewhere nice or has any other recommendations that would be great
baza31

26th Sep 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a few nice places I've stayed there twice. Think hotel was called macdonald . Tbh I went there to do fuck all but chill out and that's exactly what I did . I went round a few restaurants and pubs . Just wander around you will see something you like. As for bike riding I can't comment on that as I haven't rode a bike since I was about 14
andy1868

26th Sep 13 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There'a a good zoo called South Lakes Zoo not far from there if that's your thing. About 40 minutes from Bowness (i assume that's where you're staying?)

There are 2 for 1 vouchers online you can print off too

[Edited on 26-09-2013 by andy1868]
mwg

26th Sep 13 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Village Inn in Bowness is really good for food.
Villa Positano is a nice Italian restaurant on Ash Street in Bowness. Ash Street is the narrow cobbled street off the roundabout, the restaurant is up a small alleyway just off that street.

Depends how far you want to venture from Windermere as to what to recommend you do and other places to eat.
mwg

26th Sep 13 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if you're in to this kind of thing but you can hire a canoe up at Derwent Water for a few hours quite cheaply. We did it a couple of months ago. Good fun and a good way to see the surrounding hills and mountains from the water.

There's the slate mine at Honister too where they have something called via Ferrata which is where you climb the hillside going up the old slate mine paths up ladders and along ledges whilst clipped in obviously. Supposed to be really good.

http://www.honister-slate-mine.co.uk/via_ferrata_at_honister.asp
Christopher

26th Sep 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Erm I'm staying at the beech hotel right on the front of the lake Windermere so will have a look at that lot! thanks
derick-sport

27th Sep 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live just up the road in ambleside loads of outdoors things to do nearly every cafe has a leaflet rack.

GO Ape is a winner done it a few times, they also do segways through the forest if you dont mind diggin a little deeper in your pocket well worth it!

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by derick-sport]
Cole

27th Sep 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Visit nenge mboku
Doug

27th Sep 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Visit nenge mboku

Not very highly rated on Trip Advisor
Pop

28th Sep 13 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head out for a drive over Wrynose and Hardknott Pass, it's a great road!

You could also go and see Bassenthwaite Lake, which oddly enough is the only lake in the Lake District.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Things to do at the Lake District 23 database queries in 0.0121460 seconds