corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Urgent help needed please guys on my spluttering x16xe

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent help needed please guys on my spluttering x16xe
Bmouth16v

User status: Offline
27th Sep 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a long way away im afraid mate im in bournemouth otherwise i would jump at your offer yer you were right i just wondered if it was bad fuel at the time and the fresh fuel flushed through see the problem is the car is currently off the road because of this problem
Generation

27th Sep 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried unplugging erg and driving? I know you said it's been blanked..

What codes have come up?

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by Generation]
Bmouth16v

27th Sep 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before i took the EGR out i unplugged it and the misfire / splutter was still there but its worth a go i guess?
Bmouth16v

27th Sep 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does smell like its running rich aswel and ive realised it runs slightly better after a drive and as it gets warmer surely its fuel related?
csifku

28th Sep 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i give u a idea mate, go shop and buy some cotton buds .. take off ur throttle body and unplug the ICV and TPS and put some white spirit and clean the plugs and pins inside as much as u can, i know its shitty job but u need to do it .. other things, in ur engine bay u should have about 4 ground cables on different places. THe one that runs injectors, is on the alternator top bracket, have a look, the copper oxide is horrible, it looks ok but doesnt make contact .Is there any chance u can send me some pictures from near on ur engine bay, left middle right side .
Bmouth16v

28th Sep 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shall have a go tomorrow at what youve said mate and at the same time ill take some photos before i take it appart !!
csifku

28th Sep 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont take it apart yet mate, it could be just a single sensor mate ! its not worth to take it apart, i got x16xe too
csifku

28th Sep 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bmouth16v
i shall have a go tomorrow at what youve said mate and at the same time ill take some photos before i take it appart !!

tell me is there anyone or maybe you, anyone who washed the engine with jet wash or something like that or any water goes thru it ? it could be in the big blue plug that stays near the inlet manifold ..
Bmouth16v

28th Sep 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This could be a possibility as i bought the car with it missing like this!! ive checked to make sure the plug is properly together but havent had it appart to check for any corrosion shame you are in essex as youre being a great help !!
csifku

28th Sep 13 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This could be a possibility as i bought the car with it missing like this!! ive checked to make sure the plug is properly together but havent had it appart to check for any corrosion shame you are in essex as youre being a great help !!

i know cos i done mine, i checked it all :-/ what did u done wiv your Air Intake sensor ? do u have new induction kit or u r wiv ur original air box ? send me pics mate
Bmouth16v

29th Sep 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is completely standard nothing has been messed abouth with. Do you have an email address i can email you the photos to because they wont upload on here for some reason
Bmouth16v

29th Sep 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is completely standard nothing has been messed abouth with. Do you have an email address i can email you the photos to because they wont upload on here for some reason
csifku

29th Sep 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i got facebook, skype ?
Bmouth16v

29th Sep 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

facebooks good mate
csifku

29th Sep 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
facebooks good mate

code:
https://www.facebook.com/csifku
Bmouth16v

29th Sep 13 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pictures sent on a private message on facebook fingers crossed you may have some kind of ideas

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll