corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Firing the F1 V8s for the last time

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Firing the F1 V8s for the last time
Jambo

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking epic noise. 18,000rpm is the best noise ever.
SVM 286

3rd Dec 13 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
Red Bull:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFUHbeIsOCI

Caterham:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yXWGJJlf74

Meh. For the most part, it sounds like someone using a plasma cutter, or angle grinding through some corrugated iron to me.

With the exception of Barrichello's '09 Brawn 001, i've had little or no interest in any V8 F1 cars since they phased the DFV out.

The V12s and V10s were where it was at.

Agreed! The 3.5 litre V8s, V10s and V12s of the early 90s sounded far far better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVa_8N1a46U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsl2mBOHKdU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

V12 is my personal favourite

That Reynard sounds lovely. So much nicer than the latest crop of cars. And that wasn't a big front runner.

The V10 sounds even better... you almost can't beat the howl.

But then the V12 pulls a scream or three out of the bag and knocks everything else into a cocked hat.

The way they breath could be to do with it, but I reckon a lot of the more 'engine-like' sounds that you get from earlier cars are to do with having more displacement/a larger capacity.

I think there's a good chance that simply having more internal mass and that having more inertia in the reciprocating & rotating components, makes for more of a mechanical sound track.

Older cars seem to sing, whereas newer cars seem more about the science and efficiency. I think this plays out in their 'voice' so to speak.
SVM 286

3rd Dec 13 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Fucking epic noise. 18,000rpm is the best noise ever.

Jam, didn't some of the McLaren V10s rev to more than 19.5k?
JonnyJ

3rd Dec 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I heard the Lotus and Maruissa go past me at Goodwood twice, and my god the noise is fucking epic.

I can't tell people enough how incredible they sound in the flesh. I know people who have watched/followed F1 their whole lives and have never heard one properly.

Echo this. They were using the V10's when i went to see them in 98 and 99. Cant beat the noise when you first hear them fire up, especially when you are half a mile away and it almost sounds like they are right next to you

Hearing them exit and becketts and scream down the hanger straight is just epic.
Jambo

3rd Dec 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ

I want to to to a GP.
Tiger

4th Dec 13 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the 1993 European GP which was held at Donnington Park. Doubt there'll ever be another F1 race there!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Firing the F1 V8s for the last time 23 database queries in 0.0117080 seconds