corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trolley jack help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trolley jack help
Stu_22

User status: Offline
31st Dec 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently got a trolley jack from a neighbour that was moving out.

It does jack up but falls back if any weight is put on it. Wondered if anyone recognised the make or new weather or not its worth fixing

Stu_22

31st Dec 13 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gav93

31st Dec 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some new fluid in it mate , and bleed the jack ,got given 2 old school Brandon I think? low profile jacks from the 50's, all they needed was new fluid been using it to jack all my motors up fine since. if that doesn't work the seals are gone, can usually get replacements but might be a pain replacing .
SVM 286

1st Jan 14 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience these are very poor quality jacks.

They aren't pleasant to use and can be bought for as little as £55.00 brand new Stu.

They are too short and not terribly stable.
They also have a poor maximum lift for a jack of their size and take loads of handle movement to get anywhere.

The control on them is very poor and imprecise (they suddenly drop when turning the handle tiny increments), also the return spring always seems to break.

If you can get the seal/s changed and a refill for less than twenty quid and you're desperate for jack, it might be worth your while.

Otherwise you're better off looking for a good, used Weber or similar Stu.
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Jan 14 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very much like jacks made by Viking tools, they made them for many companies such as kamasa, sealey, clark, yankee, draper. got mine 20 + years ago, use it a lot and its been great.
as said try new jack oil in it. if its leaking at all you may be able to get new seals but the cost + the hassle of fitting could be more than a new better one. can be had for around £50
3CorsaMeal

1st Jan 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I looked at trolley jacks. I reckon there are only about 3 types and they all the same just different badges on them.

Might just be a seal gone inside. Take it to bits imo.
Tiger

1st Jan 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a Kamasa jack, i've got loads of Kamasa tools, good quality ratchets and sockets, couldnt vouch for the jacks though as I've never used one.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trolley jack help 23 database queries in 0.0096798 seconds