corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra's?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vectra's?
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 14 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at maybe getting one of these at the min; was initially looking for a CDTI either 150 or 120; but then started looking at the 1.8 petrol as they look quite a bit cheaper. Its only a stop gap so not to bothered about what it is but could potentially be doing a lot of miles in that time; but parkers says 39MPG for the 1.8 and with petrol cheaper than diesel I wouldnt have thought running costs would be much different?

But never driven one; only similar thing I have driven a 1.9 120BHP astra diesel estate which I thought was quite a nice drive.

Any advice or help would be appreciated
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jan 14 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early or late 1.8??

Later had VVT, with more power and probably better MPG.
NovaGTE2

2nd Jan 14 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been looking around 05/06; here is an example of one I am considering http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/06-06-VAUXHALL-VECTRA-1-8-SRI-NAV-5DR-HATCH-IN-MET-BLUE-WITH-ONLY-86-000-MILES-/121237060838?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c3a4abce6#ht_1393wt_1170
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jan 14 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be the VVT model.

Would imagine it would be reasonable to run, reliable, and they seem to be holding value quite well so you wouldn't lose much, if any on it.
Mieran

2nd Jan 14 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for a 1.8 if its just a temporary car.

The gearbox, flywheel, clutch can fail on the diesels so can be costly but the petrol don't really have many problems.
John

2nd Jan 14 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The diesel only does 40mpg btw so can't see the petrol getting anywhere near that unless it's doing 50mph on the motorway and nothing else.
NovaGTE2

2nd Jan 14 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The diesel only does 40mpg btw so can't see the petrol getting anywhere near that unless it's doing 50mph on the motorway and nothing else.

Anyone got any experience of what they would get ?
corsajay88

2nd Jan 14 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few 1.8's and they will see 39mpg easily. More on a run. Obviously depends how you drive but are actually pretty good on fuel.
NovaGTE2

3rd Jan 14 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up buying a corsa.......

Ste
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bit late but I've got a 1.8 vectra c on LPG and get 300 miles on £26. Which is 69p a litre at the moment. Absolutely no difference in performance or economy apart from half the price.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vectra's? 24 database queries in 0.0137680 seconds