corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abandoned vehicles.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Abandoned vehicles.
JimSri

User status: Offline
20th Jan 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's been this nova sat in a car park at some flats for about 6 years. Sills are rotten but it's got some nice parts on it. Is there a way to find the owners address etc or a way to get ownership of it??
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jan 14 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Form V888 if you have a good reason.

You could possibly blag it was on your land or something.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not just use a V62 and apply for logbook? DVLA will write to registered keeper then if they don't respond you get one? Not sure, just a thought.
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a Fiesta that seems in ok condition and has a few little modifications to it parked down the road, right near the centre of Derby that's been there for months. Had loads and loads of parking tickets building up on it but I think the warden's given up now.

I'd have thought if a vehicle is abandoned on a public road or car park the council would deal with it and tow it away?

MX5 Project Thread
JimSri

20th Jan 14 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian I will send one of them forms off I think.
I've read that you can apply for log book but that will just mean your the person in charge of taxing the vehicle ect and not the actual owner
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was an MX5 behind my house stationary for 5 years, it got parked up when the estate was built then never moved.

I was outside tinkering with my car one day, then the owner showed up and trailored it away. It's now running/driving!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
richardworrall
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
There's a Fiesta that seems in ok condition and has a few little modifications to it parked down the road, right near the centre of Derby that's been there for months. Had loads and loads of parking tickets building up on it but I think the warden's given up now.

I'd have thought if a vehicle is abandoned on a public road or car park the council would deal with it and tow it away?

where abouts?
nibnob21
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21

where abouts?

Friar gate, between The Greyhound and the old train bridge. A pre-facelift purple Fiesta mk4 with white wheels. Been there since I moved to Derby in August last year.

MX5 Project Thread
Simon_16v

20th Jan 14 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
There was an MX5 behind my house stationary for 5 years, it got parked up when the estate was built then never moved.

I was outside tinkering with my car one day, then the owner showed up and trailored it away. It's now running/driving!

What a state that was, it's own eco-system growing inside the car
Adster

21st Jan 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a mondeo parked on an industrial estate I deliver on. Been there since before October. Did have one parking ticket on it but its now been changed to a "police aware" sticker. Is it not menna be moved asap?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Abandoned vehicles. 24 database queries in 0.0104721 seconds