corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » what carriers? brake help...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what carriers? brake help...
Root

User status: Offline
7th Feb 14 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I bought some EBC pads and discs that fit a 1.6 8v astra (2001) and I was originally going to use them on my astra but due to unforeseen circumstances, a crash. Decided it's being fitted to my 1.0 corsa (w reg 2000). So I took the calipers off the astra for my corsa.

went to fit it all today and realised that the carrier (I think its the carrier...) doesnt fit around my new discs, not even nearly. I went to take off the carrier part from my astra and discovered that its a different part as its much bigger and is attached to other parts and the old one on my corsa is not....

So..what carrier do I buy to house my calipers? Cheers
corsa-torque

8th Feb 14 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I remember brakes off an Astra G won't fit a corsa B.
You'll be best off with a 2.0L brake conversion from the older astra gte/GSi Or those from a V6 vauxhall.

[Edited on 08-02-2014 by corsa-torque]
Root

8th Feb 14 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers. Are you saying I cant get any carriers at all to convert it using the pads n discs I already have? Cheers

[Edited on 08-02-2014 by Root]
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 06:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you can't. MK3 stuff is ok.

New Poll