corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Any useful tips for Windows 7?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any useful tips for Windows 7?
richardworrall
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Feb 14 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally upgraded from XP and dragged my PC into the current century with Windows 7.
Seems reasonably easy to use but are there any helpful or useful tips or shortcuts to make like easier?
gooner_47

21st Feb 14 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit Windows button, immediately start typing anything - name of a program you want to open, file you want to find etc... shows instant results in the start menu which you can open easily.

Drag things on the task bar into the order you want them. If you're obsessive about this, and used to actually close and reopen programs to get them in the correct order this is a handy one.

Right click things in the task bar to get tasks you can do with that program.

A fancy one which looks nice but I've never actually used in all honesty.... just like you'd alt+tab to switch between windows, you can windows key+tab to get purdy previews of the windows you're cycling through.
dannymccann

22nd Feb 14 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you mean easier to live with? 7 isn't much different really just prettier to look at. I still prefer XP because it had the same functionality but feels quicker to me. I'm yet to try 8 though, I can get it for £7 through work so intend to start using it, that and office 2013 for same price again

[Edited on 22-02-2014 by dannymccann]

New Poll