corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My first trackday (pics)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My first trackday (pics)
Skylined

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling my car soon and decided it would be stupid to have owned an Evo for almost 2 years and not properly experienced its capabilities, couldn't have picked better weather at Combe yesterday
Few pics...

And my manager was there also so got a few passenger laps in this

[Edited on 02-03-2014 by Skylined]
alan-g-w

2nd Mar 14 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a laugh, maybe not the best advert if you're selling soon though...? No offence but I'd be keeping the pics to myself!
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace

Want to keep it now?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
cpcrampton

2nd Mar 14 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly if you go see an Eco and the owner looks you dead in the eye and says it's never been tracked or drive. In anger it's crap.lol. Good on you for getting out there.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 14 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play.
Skylined

2nd Mar 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Looks like a laugh, maybe not the best advert if you're selling soon though...? No offence but I'd be keeping the pics to myself!

I've got a few people wanting it off me including the mate in the passenger seat who couldn't believe the handling. It didn't exactly get a thrashing, just driven hard the way like it should be. On the track it really comes into its own and never feels like it's being pushed beyond its limit. Wouldn't put me off buying another.

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Ace

Want to keep it now?

I'd love to, but need something for motorway mileage now and can't afford to have both unfortunately.

alan-g-w

2nd Mar 14 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough bud, just I know there are people who would see it as a turn off
antnee

3rd Mar 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand the whole track turn off thing?

Most people who do a track day look after their cars much better than cars that just go around town. Sane people won't go on track to do 100mph + around corners knowing that something is wrong with their car.
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Mar 14 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the car I think. As I've learned with mine, a few "track focussed" modifications make for a sucky road car so depending what what you want, you may be turned off by a track prepped car regardless of how it's looked after.

If its just a tow hook and some scruffy wheels every few months, I'd agree that a track/DD hybrid has been enthusiastically looked after.

Ultimately what's 100miles of hard driving every couple of months?!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My first trackday (pics) 24 database queries in 0.0094011 seconds