corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » battery cut out.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author battery cut out.
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Mar 14 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at getting one for security reasons and probably more realistically i have a hole that needs filling..

ive just got one of these

which sit in the centre of the car like this..

in the top hole im going to have the AFR mounted but i have nothing to fill the bottom hole with.. so i was thinking about putting a cut off switch in there. it doesnt matter about the radio or anything as its not plugged in so loosing settings isnt a biggie. (can hardly hear it anyway when motoring along)

would this work ok? or is it quite cheap and nasty?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-Isolator-Cut-Off-Power-Kill-Switch-100A-12v-2-Keys-Waterproof-Cover-/360601089017?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53f57ff3f9

also would i need 100A 12V or 250A 12V cable?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you need one that also cuts off the ignition as the car can run on. All that does is cuts the battery power.

You need the fia type
Steve
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Master-Battery-Isolator-Cut-Out-Off-Kill-Switch-FIA-Type-Kit-Car-Race-Rally-/371014726349

[Edited on 24-03-2014 by Steve]
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers steve
deanmcreynolds26

24th Mar 14 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.batterybrain.co.uk/productspage.php
deanmcreynolds26

24th Mar 14 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a battery brain on the m3 means I can isolate the battery when I've locked the car up and if I don't and the battery starts going flat (it's a second car) it cuts out and I'm able to reconnect the battery and restart the car every time.
All done by a remote keyfob
Great bit of kit and I would highly recommend it

[Edited on 24-03-2014 by deanmcreynolds26]
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Mar 14 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was actually just after something that lilled the battery for storage. But the fia one does have its advantages.

I need to wire in a switch for the performance box so i can flick it on when i want rather than using my one and only 12v cig lighter.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » battery cut out. 23 database queries in 0.0133128 seconds