corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you do? (Apprentice related)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do? (Apprentice related)
Ben G

User status: Offline
12th Apr 14 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Knob. U2u'd

You're Deffo getting turds through the post if you actually sent john your address
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Apr 14 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Usual character then.

I know you're only trying to help Flaffy, and I'm not een saying you're wrong, but I have to try. Apprentice wages on this scheme aren't much less than I'm on. I don't want to progress in the bank. Dads been a mechanic for 42 years and last week he was taking lights off his car to put in oven and his week he's fitting strut braces,

I know it sounds like I'm being a knob and that but I was in the same position as you. I really really liked cars and working on them but this job has ruined my interest in cars. Just giving you my personal experience is all buddy
If it's something that's always on your mind and you can't stop thinking about it then go for it. There's only one way to find out if it's right for you and that's to try.
But I wouldn't start off by lying man. Wouldn't be very good if they did find out
Ben G

12th Apr 14 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do become a mechanic, everyone and their dog will be wanting you to change/fix/repair their motors for tuppence.

I used to just stick a flywheel on and people used to ask me to diagnose problems on their cars. Gtf I know fuck all about proper stuff.
Generation

12th Apr 14 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you are mate, don't think anything you've said makes you sound like a knob either, and I appreciate you bei honest . People do that to me anyway Ben, they also expect me to do it for free so they can GTF
Corsa_Sport21

12th Apr 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive seen car mechanics make it in life, and others not so much. The 1s who have made it in life are doing 8-5 day jobs then homers right after it for a good few hours, and even some all nighters working into the early hours. Need to be 100% committed if you want to make the big bucks.

Few folk have said to me over the years its something i should go for, but its a hobby i enjoy too much to risk losing the enjoyment of working on my own cars.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Apr 14 at 02:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from an office job to a workshop one and I have to say, although some of the workshop work is messy and unhealthy I don't crave the cleanliness and prestige of an office environment.

That said, I'm on my own so I'm not being told what to do, and if I work harder I can generally spend the proceeds or do a few easy jobs to balance it out. Not being worked to capacity the whole time for a fixed wage as you potentially would be as an apprentice.

Probably does depend where you end up working and for whom. And if you're happy to move about, that can't hurt.

Re the OQ about your results, you're in too deep to disclose now. I'd probably keep it under wraps for as long as you can and if you want to actually get the results, go do that on the quiet at night school. On the basis that you will actually pass. You might think its easy and you're probably right but your position does hinge on you guessing your level without ever having had it tested.

Certainly wouldn't be going to the interview and telling them you've lied the other day. In my experience you're far more likely to get away with it if you end up in the system so to speak.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you do? (Apprentice related) 23 database queries in 0.0056570 seconds