corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dielectric grease on coil packs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dielectric grease on coil packs?
Ben G

User status: Offline
26th Apr 14 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to be replacing my rocker cover gasket next week and a tutorial on youtube suggests putting some dielectric grease on/in the coil pack before re-fitting them.

Is this necessary? Also, dielectric grease doesn't seem to be very well stocked in the uk, so will multipurpose grease do the job, or do I need to buy some of this stuff off ebay?

Maplins do something similar but it's in an aerosol, rather than a tube.
andy_mk3

26th Apr 14 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my Saab my coil pack came with a sachet of silicone grease. And reading up on it, Saab say to use silicone grease. I think dielectric grease is pretty much the same thing?
Ben G

26th Apr 14 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah reading up on it and silicone grease is what it is I think. Just has a fancy name.

Basically any grease that doesn't conduct electricity.

Cheers Andy.
andy_mk3

26th Apr 14 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it sure looks like it.

I thought it was a bit strange as I never heard of it before. My mate got a misfire with a saab engine, found that the spark was tracking down the side of the plug. Applied some silicone grease and it fixed it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dielectric grease on coil packs? 23 database queries in 0.0052710 seconds