corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Where do i stand? Car garage trouble

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where do i stand? Car garage trouble
fred7

User status: Offline
29th Apr 14 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took my clio into a garage this morning after having the tracking done and not making a difference after the car was pulling to the right. The garage phoned and said it needed 2 ball joints badly and a inner rod end. So i said to carry on at a cost of £173. Been to fetch the car and they said it needed the tracking done again which the previous place said they would do (4 wheel lazer). Driving for the tracking and car was the shame as when i dropped it off. Took it for tracking and drive home with it pulling to the right still. Took it in the garage and they basiclly say what do u want us to do!!! I said ive paid for something to be fixed i want it done. Took it for a test drive with a "mechanic" who said its barely pulling which is bollocks ive got nothing to gain from lying. They have said leave it there and will look but nothing they can do really??
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 14 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with faults which are difficult to dianose is you can't fit parts in the hope it'll sort it because it usually doesn't.

If it needed the ball joints and rod end then that's another issue - those are wearable items as well as whatever else is wrong.
fred7

29th Apr 14 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats basically what they have said. They took it somewhere else and had the tracking done and was 3mm out still. They done that and its slightly better but still pulling.
AndyCorsaSport

29th Apr 14 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pulling isn't just down to the ball joints and steering arms. Can be down to tyre depth, tyre pressure, weight in the car when it's tracked up etc.

I do loads at work, that state when adjusting anything for the 4 wheel alignment, the car must have a full tank of fuel, washer bottle full, some even 70kg in each footwell for example.
baza31

29th Apr 14 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly what Andy said . Go make sure all tyre pressures are correct
tom130691
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

binding brake?
Toby
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are also relying on the build quality of the parts as well to allow 100% accuracy.
andy_mk3

29th Apr 14 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should be their job to check tyre pressures etc, it's all part of making sure the tracking is done accurately.
Graeme
Premium Member

29th Apr 14 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have they given you print outs?

We do before and after print outs. Proves that it's all been done and set as best as can.
CORSA NUT

29th Apr 14 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on my RB5. Parts changed and all fine on the machine...still pulled to the left.

Changed the tyres around and all sorted. Tyres are funny things,
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 14 at 05:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be worn arm bushes. Especially if it happens under acceleration
fred7

30th Apr 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont happen under acceleration. Its had new tyres so will defo try swapping them around. Ive drove it again this morning and seems ok but when u turn right it starts again. Had this before and was the track rod ends l
Scotty_B

30th Apr 14 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on my Astra, turned out to be the passenger tyre. Replaced both fronts are problem gone.
fred7

30th Apr 14 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth trying this then seems not gonna cost anything.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Where do i stand? Car garage trouble 23 database queries in 0.0079949 seconds